Red Pills Models F-4B

Avenger2614

Very frankly we will be lucky if the kit arrives so quickly but IMHO I would not bet on that! It took six months to get new CAD views since we saw the initial ones and the first shots of small parts. Unless they find ways to speed up the process noticeably, I'm not convinced designing the large airframe parts will be easier. Don't get me wrong. I would be very happy to be able to get one soon but what I saw seems to confirm we will need to be patient (at best at least up to end of next year).

5 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Very frankly we will be lucky if the kit arrives so quickly but IMHO I would not bet on that! It took six months to get new CAD views since we saw the initial ones and the first shots of small parts. Unless they find ways to speed up the process noticeably, I'm not convinced designing the large airframe parts will be easier. Don't get me wrong. I would be very happy to be able to get one soon but what I saw seems to confirm we will need to be patient (at best at least up to end of next year).

Unless they intend to use part of the Revell moulds to create short-cuts. The way that nose section is designed did make me wonder.

I'm expecting December 2024 too.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Just found that in December 2022 a trademark application was filed for RED PILL MODELS with the United States Patent and Trademark Office: RED PILL MODELS Trademark of BADE MAKINA MÜHENDISLIK ELEKTRONIK GIDAVE INSAAT SANAYI TICARET A,S - Serial Number 79364144 - Alter

Apparently, the company behind Red Pill Models is Bade Makina Mühendislik Elektronik Gidave Insaat Sanayi Ticaret in Turkey. They have a website, but it is hacked (message by Turkish hackers on the front page). 

• 4 months later...

Yes, I'm fiscally more content to wait, but am already tentatively budgeting for the kit in the Spring of 2025. 

So, I'm not holding my breath — but will likely draw a big one when I see the eventual price tag. It may be on finals for a trap at £300. 

But an F-4B. Probably almost as good as having an F-4K. 

This Red Pills creation is the only reason I haven't yet procured a brace of Tamiya 1/48 examples. 

Tony