Is Airfix about to spring a New 24th scale Hurricane on us?

notanotherrainydaykit

Last year Airfix announced their soon to be released 24th scale Spitfire MKIX at a similar event, could it be they're going to do a 24th scale Hurricane to a similar standard?

I certainly hope so.....

Hurricane: Unsung Hero in Airfix | Imperial War Museums (iwm.org.uk)

Edited by notanotherrainydaykit

• notanotherrainydaykit changed the title to Is Airfix about to spring a New 24th scale Hurricane on us?

I understood that Airfix was on record saying that they would not be releasing updated versions of their old 1/24 kits.  I take this to mean that there would be no new Hurricane MkI, Spitfire MkI, Bf-109E of FW-190A.

But since they're close to releasing a Spitfire MkIX, this would suggest that they may do a Hurricane MkII, 109F, G or K or even a 190D.  Another suggestion from the Hawker stable could be a Tempest. 

However, I'd suggest that any of the above is years off, as it takes a number of years to make a new kit to this level of sophistication.  How long between the release of the Typhoon, Hellcat and now Spitfire MkIX??  Does Airfix have the capability to unleash two new release 1/24 kits so close together and is that sustainable in the marketplace???  So this is all just speculation/rumour mongering/idle gossip (strike out whichever does not apply).

Cheers,

Michael

In the latest Sprue talk, the 1/24 Spitfire designer says he has not been working on the Spitfire for over a year, but working on the next one. Presumably the next 1/24 and they all comment about how many domed rivets he has had to position.

Steve.

Airfix or Meng would do well with a 1/24 Fokker D VII.  I think it would be a wise and popular subject myself.  A few of the key WWI planes would make a lot of sense in 1/24.  I have not purchased a meng DRI yet but just too many other higher priority projects, maybe someday.  In hindsight my favorite WNW kit was the Albatros DV and I think that would do well in 1/24 also.  

Edited by cbk57

On 11/8/2022 at 1:26 AM, Bradleygolding said:

In the latest Sprue talk, the 1/24 Spitfire designer says he has not been working on the Spitfire for over a year, but working on the next one. Presumably the next 1/24 and they all comment about how many domed rivets he has had to position.

Steve.

Sounds like a Hurricane wing to me!!

Cheers:beer4:

Itch