Jump to content

1/32 Mirage 2000C windshield


thierry laurent
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi Ali,

 

The Kitty Hawk Mirage 2000C single seater has a stupid issue. KH actually only measured a two-seater 2000 and thought both planes had the same length! So, they overextended the front fuselage of the single seater at windshield level. This means the two-seater kit has a correct length part whereas the single-seater part is too long. A copy of the two-seater windshield part and simple fuselage cut can solve that on the 2000C model. So, I'm wondering if you would consider releasing a resin copy of the two-seater part to correct the other kit? This could be a quick win! 

 

Cheers 

 

Thierry 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/31/2022 at 9:45 AM, thierry laurent said:

Hi Ali,

 

The Kitty Hawk Mirage 2000C single seater has a stupid issue. KH actually only measured a two-seater 2000 and thought both planes had the same length! So, they overextended the front fuselage of the single seater at windshield level. This means the two-seater kit has a correct length part whereas the single-seater part is too long. A copy of the two-seater windshield part and simple fuselage cut can solve that on the 2000C model. So, I'm wondering if you would consider releasing a resin copy of the two-seater part to correct the other kit? This could be a quick win! 

 

Cheers 

 

Thierry 

Hi Thierry

it certainly sounds like a relatively easy fix and project. I could not remember which 2000 I had so went up to the loft stash earlier, I have the ‘C’, so I would need to borrow the D/N windshield part, if that is possible then I can have a look. I may very well do the main canopy as well, so that the tint / shade of the large clear parts are the same.

let me know, and I can inform my address unless you still have it.

 

cheers Ali

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I am now prepared to have a look at this as a project, is there anybody out there, especially in the U.K. that would be prepared to send me the screen from the Mirage 2000 two seater kit, so that I can clone that, so it can be used with the single seat version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/2/2022 at 10:34 PM, Ali62 said:

I am now prepared to have a look at this as a project, is there anybody out there, especially in the U.K. that would be prepared to send me the screen from the Mirage 2000 two seater kit, so that I can clone that, so it can be used with the single seat version.

 

I can supply the canopy, will pm you later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi 

if I remember , Nick ( Cheetah 11 ) fixed the issue , not only , he shortened , the windscreen , but the fuselage ... as well , so a new windscreen  is welcome , but we have to fix the fuselage length too  .............one doesn’t go without the other

Alain

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, alain11 said:

Hi 

if I remember , Nick ( Cheetah 11 ) fixed the issue , not only , he shortened , the windscreen , but the fuselage ... as well , so a new windscreen  is welcome , but we have to fix the fuselage length too  .............one doesn’t go without the other

Alain

 

 

 

Not complicated as far as you know where to do the cut. This one was corrected:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello

 

Actually you need to remove about 5mm in the front fuselage.

And yes, single seater windshield is longer than dual seater counterpart.

 

img_8310.jpg

 

 

img_2291.jpg

 

 

 

A correction set would need a dual seater windshield recast, and a shortened front IP coaming.

 

Romain

Edited by ROM
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...