1/32 Mirage 2000C windshield

thierry laurent

1 hour ago, Ali62 said:

See my posts under the similar thread on LSP Discussion, section. 
HOW do I progress this with correction with all the detailed cockpit sets, and variations in coamings …..help and suggestions needed

What is the goal?  I thought this was just a windscreen correction set.  My advice is correct the windscreen and make the normal combing and the -5 mesh combing to fit your correction.  People will deal with the rest of the cockpit on their own.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I need to check when I get home, Wednesday, but I am almost sure that the front shape of the canopy screen where it fits the kit, has a slightly different shape between the two screens. If so I would like to improve that before casting. I try to make a product LOOK PROFESSIONAL. 
I was also thinking of making a new coaming of correct shape and length to fit the new screen.

So could you guys drop some comments OR LIKE this post if you agree.

And there’s now the ResKit cockpits.  But, it’s probably unfair to expect Ali to make a bunch of different combings.  Wouldn’t a new combing to use Quinta, also be usable for the standard kit IP?  Don’t all of the 3D IP sets use the kit IP part as a base?

• 3 months later...

Well guys I have made the shortened screen now available, I did. Lot of thinking as to what else I could or should provide, at the end of the day it opened up more and more cans of worms, so the screen has been recast and is available for all that want to tackle the correction. In my listing you will see that I refer back to Romain’s (ROM onLSP) article in Cocardes, but further up the thread he does show where the cut should be.

3 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Outstanding Ali! Very grateful that you did this. I bet I was your first order for this!

cheers

Pete

Thank you Pete, but no you were not the first by a long way, you are a week behind the times…….

before you ask on other SUBJECT, NO NOT YET, but not forgotten. 
With no dramatics life has been challenging of late, but I am working on lots of bits and projects I have promised will be delivered, some of them are becoming very important to ME to get finished and over the line. Watch this space.