Italeri Mc-202

Steve Eagle

5 hours ago, Thunnus said:

Wow!  Great detective work, Quang! :clap2:

The sprues video was not available when I made my post :coolio:

Thank you, John for the close-up pics. Now I see what can be done to the Italeri plastic. Sharpening my X-actos… Can’t wait! :piliot:

Got this on order with Hannants as I imagine that they'll get it before the stores here in Aus.  There does appear to be one omission based on the pictures in that I don't see any seat belts/chains in the box.  Happy to be proven wrong on that one, though.  One thing I'm wondering is what the bag of wire and plastic tube is for.

This is one I've wanted for a long time, so very happy to see it's release is set for this month.

Cheers,

Michael

20 minutes ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

Got this on order with Hannants as I imagine that they'll get it before the stores here in Aus.  There does appear to be one omission based on the pictures in that I don't see any seat belts/chains in the box.  Happy to be proven wrong on that one, though.  One thing I'm wondering is what the bag of wire and plastic tube is for.

This is one I've wanted for a long time, so very happy to see it's release is set for this month.

Cheers,

Michael

I was kind of wondering the same thing, just was reluctant to say anything. I guess we'll have to go to the thrift store for the chains. I just have to figure out what size to get[ gonna be kinda small]. The real test is how well it all fits together, I'm still stinging from the Mirage III. It was pretty notchy in places but I won!

4 minutes ago, Thunnus said:

I believe some of the tubing is for the engine.  The Facebook post includes some video snippets of the unboxing including a quick leaf through the instructions...

Presentation1.jpg

The Facebook account is public so anyone with access to FB can view his posts.

1 minute ago, scvrobeson said:

Engine plumbing, it looks like

Matt 

Really, really, really, really looking forward to this :lol:.

Thanks,

Michael

PE part 63, at the bottom of the fret, looks like it might be a seat belt, but it’s the only one I see.  Also looks like some tiny PE parts (61, 62), which I assume are details for the engine.  I hope the engine panels fit well, as I usually like my aircraft closed up.

Looks like my eBay kit is finally on the way from Italy.  Glad I ordered early as the shipping cost on the subsequent eBay listings jumped from high to ludicrous.

16 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

PE part 63, at the bottom of the fret, looks like it might be a seat belt, but it’s the only one I see.  Also looks like some tiny PE parts (61, 62), which I assume are details for the engine.  I hope the engine panels fit well, as I usually like my aircraft closed up.

Looks like my eBay kit is finally on the way from Italy.  Glad I ordered early as the shipping cost on the subsequent eBay listings jumped from high to ludicrous.

I think you're right about part 63.  It looks like the part of the belt anchored to the cockpit floor.  Is there more etch we haven't seen, I wonder??

Cheers,

Michael

Just received an email from Hannants showing future releases which includes the Macchi C.202. Lists at AUD$185. Now for us in the Antipodes you have to add 10% GST and of course add freight which puts it well over the $200 mark. The price might be a little lower from the local hobby shops when they get them in but from what I see from the pictures above it doesn't look like a $200 kit to me. I reckon Italeri has looked at the GWH P-40 and the Kotare Spitfire and said we can get the same money for our pile. Well in the famous words of Darryl Kerrigan, tell 'em they're dreamin. I'll stick with my PCM and 21st Century kits waiting in the to do plie.

TRF

1 hour ago, fastterry said:

Just received an email from Hannants showing future releases which includes the Macchi C.202. Lists at AUD$185. Now for us in the Antipodes you have to add 10% GST and of course add freight which puts it well over the $200 mark. The price might be a little lower from the local hobby shops when they get them in but from what I see from the pictures above it doesn't look like a $200 kit to me. I reckon Italeri has looked at the GWH P-40 and the Kotare Spitfire and said we can get the same money for our pile. Well in the famous words of Darryl Kerrigan, tell 'em they're dreamin. I'll stick with my PCM and 21st Century kits waiting in the to do plie.

TRF

I've put one on pre-order which brings the price down 10%.  Yes, it's not cheap, but this is one I've wanted for a long, long time, so I'm 'aving it and I hope I won't be disappointed with it.  I want to build at least two.  Like you, I'm interested to see when it arrives in Aus, and how much it goes for.  The pricing is the same old story - company's charge what they think the market will bear, not cost plus fair margin.  Of course, I can't say for sure if that applies here as well and it does look like this is a good kit with little needed in the way of aftermarket which further keeps the cost down.

Don't have the old PCM kits so I can't compare.

Cheers,

Michael