1/35 Boeing AH-64D/E Apache from Takom

Kagemusha

I'm not sure why npb748r has reacted the way they/he/she has, either.   I sincerely hope we haven't lost this member because I associate him/her with really informative and constructive comments.   Initially, I also questioned buying a Russian product for the obvious reasons that have been stated over and over, again.   Without wishing to get political about this, you have to remember that there are many, many people in Russia who oppose the war.   Is it fair to punish everyone in Russia?    I say, 'No' - just punish the regime that created the awful situation that has developed.  If a well meaning business is soldiering on and continuing to offer its products to we in the west, I see no reason to boycott them.   I'm aware that I may have struck a nerve and rattled some people but we, as a community and as a world, have to remember that there are many countless victims of this war and many of them live in Russia.   As was so aptly put, buy with your conscious and support those with a moral compass.    

1 hour ago, thierry laurent said:

There is no need to be too sensitive about that. Dave just wanted to stress this has been already mentioned whereas the LSP rules strictly mention politics should stay out of range. Every western modeller may do whatever he wants with his money and more particularly with regard to Russian products.

Well - Is it only speaking against buying products from Russia that is cosidered political around these fine forums? - Or is promoting products from Russia also considered political?  Fact is that a trade embargo is in place by many countries so not all us come fromt the same place on this topic. Some os us are actually banned from buying and importing consumer goods from Russia so we are not all free to do as we please with our money..

If there is an embargo why are Zvezda and Quinta's product still reassorted in all of modelshops accross the world? 

Maybe their category (toys) is not listed as being under the embargo at all.

What is under embargo rules can't be have, but there is obviously no shortage of Zvezda or Quinta's 

So ...

? Maybe it's not even worth discussing as I am under the impression that toys are left apart of the current sanctions package (might be wrong though)

Edited by red Dog

Hi Olivier,

As far as I know, there is no embargo on such products. However, the distribution channels are obviously disturbed and money transfers between some areas are prohibited. For instance, in most western countries, nothing prevents us from purchasing Russian modelling accessories but you will have no way to pay them! It looks some producers found way to keep open some distribution channels. This explains why you can easily find some Russian products but some other fully disappeared.

BR

Thierry 

Circling back on topic, looks like the full Quinta set is $48 at Hobbynuts.   Pricey but worth it in my opinion.   I’ve got my order in, ETA on delivery is early June.  

On 5/4/2023 at 5:30 PM, thierry laurent said:

Hi Olivier,

As far as I know, there is no embargo on such products. However, the distribution channels are obviously disturbed and money transfers between some areas are prohibited. For instance, in most western countries, nothing prevents us from purchasing Russian modelling accessories but you will have no way to pay them! It looks some producers found way to keep open some distribution channels. This explains why you can easily find some Russian products but some other fully disappeared.

BR

Thierry 

I've made a trial attempt to buy at Quinta site

As experienced with other modelling suppliers there-they found a way

to surpass payment problems with contacts in third countries-Kazakhstan

for instance.Paypal payment to account there

I usually just order my Quinta stuff from Hobbynut Models in the US.  I ordered once directly from Quinta Studio, using some payroll processor they use for overseas orders, but with the shipping charges and mailing times, it was about the same cost and wait as getting it from Hobbynut.

• 4 weeks later...

This kit is amazing in terms of fit and most of the detail is fantastic. I'm building a Block II D model so had to get both the D and E boxings. As I work my way through the kit I'm adding/changing things to suit and making them available for sale to anyone who wants them.

At this stage I've come up with;

(Apologies to the members of the AH-64 Facebook group who may be here, I know you're already painfully aware of what I'm doing.)

-Rocket launcher end cap w/individual M229 warheads.

-Common Missile Warning System

-Hellfire Laser Seekers

-Arming switches for the Hellfire racks

-Nav light details because Takom didn't even try

Edit - If I can work out how to get images posted, I'd be able to do more than just talk about it.

Edited by Shayne B
trying to add images

On 5/29/2023 at 12:09 AM, Shayne B said:

This kit is amazing in terms of fit and most of the detail is fantastic. I'm building a Block II D model so had to get both the D and E boxings. As I work my way through the kit I'm adding/changing things to suit and making them available for sale to anyone who wants them.

At this stage I've come up with;

(Apologies to the members of the AH-64 Facebook group who may be here, I know you're already painfully aware of what I'm doing.)

-Rocket launcher end cap w/individual M229 warheads.

-Common Missile Warning System

-Hellfire Laser Seekers

-Arming switches for the Hellfire racks

-Nav light details because Takom didn't even try

Edit - If I can work out how to get images posted, I'd be able to do more than just talk about it.

That FB page is helpful but it's impossible to track down posts like yours, they tend to just get buried.     Posting pictures is easy.   Just put them on an online hosting site (I use Imgur, it's free), click on the uploaded picture > direct link > copy > paste here in your LSP post and you are good to go. 

I've seen your products on FB, they look outstanding.    There is another guy who is offering some very nice printed bits as well but for some (very detailed) small parts, we are getting close to what I paid for the kit itself.     

15 hours ago, John1 said:

That FB page is helpful but it's impossible to track down posts like yours, they tend to just get buried.     Posting pictures is easy.   Just put them on an online hosting site (I use Imgur, it's free), click on the uploaded picture > direct link > copy > paste here in your LSP post and you are good to go. 

I've seen your products on FB, they look outstanding.    There is another guy who is offering some very nice printed bits as well but for some (very detailed) small parts, we are getting close to what I paid for the kit itself.     

Ta. Maybe because I'm a new member it's not letting me post images.

Simone Plai is making those other parts, I was doing the missing cockpit bits until i saw his. I've ordered a set for myself.

As far as my bits go, it's not really a massively serious undertaking, I've only advertised them on that FB group, my wix website is just a free one to show the pricing etc.

https://imgur.com/a/2NASFNF

Edited by Shayne B

https://imgur.com/HzvkkLf

17 minutes ago, Shayne B said:

Ta. Maybe because I'm a new member it's not letting me post images.

Nah, it's just a matter of grabbing the right link. The one you posted above leads to a web page that contains the image, and not the image itself, which is this:

HzvkkLf.jpeg

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with Imgur to know how you get to that link (I just used the "get image link" function in Firefox).

Kev