1/35 Boeing AH-64D/E Apache from Takom

Kagemusha

3 hours ago, somebody said:

I've started the kit already, but now I'm relying on 3d printed IP on most large scale kits......i can't go back to painting + decal. not possible to reach the level of details, at least at my level

I'm in the same boat so to speak, I've become "addicted " to all these 3D instrument decals and there's no way I can even come close to painting this by hand. Good news from Quinta studios in putting out these for us mere mortals! I'd like o see some 3D printed missiles ,I hate P.E. fins

All-

Just saw on the book of faces that Snowman Models (Takom) has released CAD renders of a forthcoming IAF Saraf version. So if you fancy that, stay tuned! Snowman has also indicated some fixed-wing releases in the future, too.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

6 hours ago, Dennis7423 said:

All-

Just saw on the book of faces that Snowman Models (Takom) has released CAD renders of a forthcoming IAF Saraf version. So if you fancy that, stay tuned! Snowman has also indicated some fixed-wing releases in the future, too.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

I was sure of that! Thanks for the information.

The kit is so much fun to build. so many details & tiny, tiny pieces that are impossible to trim/cut/glue or even to just hold in the finger tips.....good thing & bad thing. complex & tricky assembly with slightly vague instruction drawings due to poor isometric views. 

8 hours ago, somebody said:

The kit is so much fun to build. so many details & tiny, tiny pieces that are impossible to trim/cut/glue or even to just hold in the finger tips.....good thing & bad thing. complex & tricky assembly with slightly vague instruction drawings due to poor isometric views. 

!!! Not sure I would call that fun lol. Tiny, fiddly pieces + bad instructions = modeling nightmare. Guess I have to ask myself how much patience I have. Otherwise, might have to sell both kits and hope the Meng is more forgiving.

But dammit, hard to resist a Saraf Longbow! Love desert schemes.

2 hours ago, Porkbits said:

!!! Not sure I would call that fun lol. Tiny, fiddly pieces + bad instructions = modeling nightmare. Guess I have to ask myself how much patience I have. Otherwise, might have to sell both kits and hope the Meng is more forgiving.

do not sell your kits. if I can get enjoyment out of it, that means anybody can have fun putting it together. a bit of challenge is a good thing. I've been spoiled with tamiya kits.....

The kit is challeneging due to small details, not misfits or terrible quality or clumsy construction. I would've thrown it out after a few steps if the kit was challenging for wrong reasons.

15 hours ago, somebody said:

do not sell your kits. if I can get enjoyment out of it, that means anybody can have fun putting it together. a bit of challenge is a good thing. I've been spoiled with tamiya kits.....

The kit is challeneging due to small details, not misfits or terrible quality or clumsy construction. I would've thrown it out after a few steps if the kit was challenging for wrong reasons.

Good to know, thanks! I've been spoiled by a bunch of easy builds recently, as well (as I get older, I have less patience/time to wrestle with bad kits). But I really love the Apache so....guess I'll just man up. :-)