1/32 ZM Messerschmitt Bf109 G-14 7/JG.3 "Yellow 18"

monthebiff

3 hours ago, tucohoward said:

Looking good, Andy. Not too far behind you on the cockpit. Will get back to it after this weekend. I like the look of the late war RLM 66. Never seen it discussed before but I'm sure AK did their homework. The last thing I need is more RLM paint though so will go with the usual. I do have a few bottles of AK Real Color and like it a lot.

Cheers,

Jay

Thanks Jay, the cockpit fit together nicely and the decal sheet is really nice and the Cartograph decals work perfectly! Looks like AKknhave done their homework but looked a bit odd sat next to my F-4 cockpit but it's definitely grown on me. I've been using AK Real Color from December last year and really like the way they perform. 

Regards. Andy 

• 2 weeks later...

Really nice, Andy. For whatever reason the late war RLM 66 looks more gray and less brown than previous pics. I like it a lot. Reminds me I forgot to put the decal for the cannon cover on mine. Don't forget to install the radio access panel before you close the fuselage like I did, if you haven't done so already.

Jay

22 hours ago, John Stambaugh said:

Very nice work Andy. Always a moment of satisfaction to cross that milestone of closing the fuselage. 

Thank you Jogn, feels good to get back on track after stalling for a few weeks.

Regards. Andy 

10 hours ago, tucohoward said:

Really nice, Andy. For whatever reason the late war RLM 66 looks more gray and less brown than previous pics. I like it a lot. Reminds me I forgot to put the decal for the cannon cover on mine. Don't forget to install the radio access panel before you close the fuselage like I did, if you haven't done so already.

Jay

I was really unsure when I first layer down the late RLM 66 Jay but as it all came together I'm really liking the look and along with the Orlon belts itt all works really nicely for me!

Regards. Andy 

4 hours ago, Thunnus said:

The Z-M G-14 is coming along very nicely, Andy!  I also have the AK Real Colors RLM 66 and have not used it yet, preferring to stick with the more traditional look of the Mr Hobby Aqueous shade.

It's certainly different to what I've been used to but I am enjoying using AK Real Color and this late RLM 66 has really grown on me as the build has gone on.

Regards. Andy 

Decided to make some improvements to the surface detail of the control surfaces as there isn't really a y so used the HGW decals designed for the Revell kits which fitted pretty well

20221105-102730.jpg

and then under a couple of light coats of primer

20221105-120459.jpg

Much happier with the look now, after test fitting the tail early in the build I'm hoping final fit should be pretty easy after all the trimming done previously.

Regards. Andy