1/18 P51C Mustang - Lopes Hope 3rd - Finished

airscale

outstanding !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't Believe it  I sometimes struggle with a kit, and when finally I nail it,  some outstanding modelers like you come here to drive the point home with such incredible built... thank you for sharing

Alain

Just awesome my friend!  The word "Precision" keeps popping into my head when I look at these detailed pics and I tried to pick one that was my favorite.  I can't really, because I love them all.  The landing gear is as beautiful as the super detailed cockpit and that metal skin everywhere oozes modeling perfection.  Congratulations, and I bet you are a bit relieved to get this beauty finally over the goal line!

Cheers,

Chuck

I can only echo what everyone else is saying Peter - B-E-A-U-TIFUL job there Sir... I am curious though if you know why they originally restored Lopes Hope 3rd with the dorsal fin and then either a year or maybe two later - removed it from the aircraft... I have never heard any reports of any issues with them as John Sessions "B" model "Impatient Virgin" and also Jack Rousch's "B" model "Old Crow" still fly with the fins installed...

Mike

I've shared some images of this build with a number of enthusiasts, and almost all of them had a hard time believing that this was not the airworthy version of Lopes Hope!! Looking at the pictures side by side is truly a testament to your skills Peter. Absolutely amazing work!