Euro Model Expo 2022 - the LSP share (some of it...)

dutik

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2022 at 4:09 PM, dutik said:

Bens stuff is following now...

Thanks for sharing your photos - it was a pleasure to meet you! :) 

Just to clarify, not all of these models were made by me - you already mentioned the incredible 1/48th scale Enterprise parts built by Thomas Matzer. The AU-1 was built by Stephan Ortmann, The F-4J and the F-14A were built by Frank Löchte, the F-5F and the A-4E were built by Daniel Dietrich and the F-4S and the A-6E  were built by our very own @Marcel111

On 3/30/2022 at 4:43 PM, easixpedro said:

Wow, I didn't realize Ben is building that much more!  Very cool, thanks for sharing!

... and I didn't even bring half of the stuff I've started! :whistle: 

On 3/30/2022 at 4:54 PM, Out2gtcha said:

DUDE, you started printing a 32nd Osprey?!??     NEED!!! 

That's actually already the Mk2 version... 

• 8 months later...
On 3/30/2022 at 5:53 AM, dutik said:

imgp4981gfj4x.jpg

The Ukrainians have a splendid digital camo for aircraft. This should suit the Mig much better...

Your encouragement and general air of positivity is noted. And you know what they say about opinions, which no doubt includes opinions on camo scheme choices. Looking forward to taking a close look at your models at the next EME.

Cheers,

Marcel

On 3/30/2022 at 3:53 AM, dutik said:

This one was the winner of my personal "Ugliest camouflage" trophy:

imgp4981gfj4x.jpg

The Ukrainians have a splendid digital camo for aircraft. This should suit the Mig much better...

Regards

- dutik

This comment and critique are so wrong on so many levels.  I don't recall seeing your work displayed in these forums to gauge your own skill level, but even if it is very high, to trash another modeler's work in this forum like this shows no manners or class.  Unbelievable.

Chuck

I was never talking about the work of the modeler. It is the look of the aircrafts original camouflage that is ugly. The Ukrainians have a lot of splendid digital camo patterns. This kind of color+pattern choice by the Ukrainians is just looking ugly. That's the message. With the paintjob of the modeler is nothing wrong.

Whatever you read here, please keep in mind: A good share of forum members are not native English speakers. If I would have written my posts here in my native language everything would have been clear beyound any doubt - but also not understandable to a large share of the readers which are not talking this language. The forum language is English, so the comments are written in English. Hit and miss included. Just give the benefit of the doubt if someones comments look a bit off the track. If you are a  especially kind guy you might also ask the author of the post what he wanted to say.  A bit of help might be welcome to the non-native members. Thank you.

Hope this clarifies the issues.

Regards

- dutik

11 minutes ago, dutik said:

I was never talking about the work of the modeler. It is the look of the aircrafts original camouflage that is ugly. The Ukrainians have a lot of splendid digital camo patterns. This kind of color+pattern choice by the Ukrainians is just looking ugly. That's the message. With the paintjob of the modeler is nothing wrong.

Whatever you read here, please keep in mind: A good share of forum members are not native English speakers. If I would have written my posts here in my native language everything would have been clear beyound any doubt - but also not understandable to a large share of the readers which are not talking this language. The forum language is English, so the comments are written in English. Hit and miss included. Just give the benefit of the doubt if someones comments look a bit off the track. If you are a  especially kind guy you might also ask the author of the post what he wanted to say.  A bit of help might be welcome to the non-native members. Thank you.

Regards

- dutik

Well, it was clear to me that you weren't "bagging" on the builder . I'am glad that you responded and I get the language thing too, I'm a native English speaker and even I have a rough time conveying my thoughts correctly[ it's what old age does to ya] 

1 hour ago, dutik said:

Regards

- dutik

It does now, so all good.  I happen to know the guy who built and painted that Mig and he was understandably upset by your comments, as was I when reading them.  As they say, “something was lost in translation”, so if that’s what happened, my apologies back to you.

Cheers,

Chuck

Dutik, thanks for explaining yourself, although the intent has always been clear to me. The message of your post is equivalent to you spending  months considering the selection of a new car, you then purchasing it and driving it to work and a person at work telling you it’s the ugliest car on the parking lot. It’s an insult of your choice and not an insult of your car design skills. Or another example would be you leaving a comment on Chuck‘s current F-16 thread stating that it’s the ugliest scheme on an F-16 you‘ve ever seen. You‘d be insulting his choice of camo scheme and I‘m pretty sure that wouldn’t be well received by Chuck. 

I‘m not entirely convinced of the sincerity of your walk-back since it only happened after Chuck, who obviously has a huge following around here, responded to your post. You also continue to refer to the scheme as ugly (I obviously disagree else I wouldn’t have selected the scheme).

Cheers,

Marcel

Edited by Marcel111