Revell Mustang, markings TBD.

dmthamade

Had some spare time, was able to apply a panel line wash. I usually use Promodeller wash, but for some reason, it didn't work well. Didn't settle into panel lines, was a little grainy. This is an old bottle, may have been reason. I used a homebrew wash instead. Solution of Tamiya XF-1 Flat Black, Tamiya XF-10 Flat Brown, water, and dish soap. I've used this mix a lot before, still worked flawlessly. Everything sealed with Vallejo Matt Varnish, much closer to dead flat than other matts i've used. Running out of parts, may have this done tonight/tomorrow.

SsGcyg.jpg

kr0HDD.jpg

b4Ngyl.jpg

sbE4Sv.jpg

Don

Have to say, can't put a gloss coat or shiny NMF on an operational warbird, just doesn't look right to me. I think if i were to do this as a restored warbird, the gloss would be appropriate. Did manage to complete this one, happy with the results.

zlEcY9.jpg

uRJEmJ.jpg

Orm4qy.jpg

7wEYbT.jpg

INnbib.jpg

WYRBP0.jpg

baBvky.jpg

Don

Thank you for the positive feedback, guys!! The weathering is on the conservative side, too easy for me to overdo it.  Prop is supposed to have blue overspray on it, have to say, it's easy for me to mess up accidentally, to do so on purpose, not so. No overspray on the prop. The look i was going for was like a dirty car, dusty, spotted from rain, very little to no sheen. The Messerschmitt wing looks almost identical to what i got, mark, looks like a used not abused aircraft.

Don