Nieuport 17bis, and a scrap pile

RLWP

Eyes down, look in - more madness.

This is probably the hard way to end up with a 17bis, on the other hand, the Academy/Hobbycraft kit is cheap and easy to find. The Mastercasters resin isn't that expensive, although it looks like the moulds are getting rather tired now.

Anyway, take the fuselage, cut a lot of it away and:

DSCF1682.JPG

DSCF1683.JPG

Oh, and the scrap pile:

DSCF1684.JPG

Richard

Richard

I looked at your thread the other day but didn't have time to comment. I like what you're doing here..very neat and handy work. Will be following. I look forward to seeing your techniques and how you execute your ideas. 

Best

Geoff

14 minutes ago, Ironwing said:

Richard

I looked at your thread the other day but didn't have time to comment. I like what you're doing here..very neat and handy work. Will be following. I look forward to seeing your techniques and how you execute your ideas. 

Best

Geoff

Thanks Geoff, you'll find most of this build pretty simple compared to your Ryan

Glad to have you along

Richard

2 hours ago, airscale said:

I love brutality to kits in the name of diversity - what an astonishing start :)

I am a biplane noob - what is it that is different with this mark? rotary vs inline or something

Peter

Get your anorak on.

the 17bis used the theoretically more powerful Clerget engine and had the sides faired all the way to the sternpost 

There are a couple of other things - it may have had a fuel tank behind the seat, and the Vickers gun is offset to port

Richard