1-2 day challenge. Begin and complete Revell LS8/18 in 1 to 2 days.

mpk

Over the past month I have disappointed a 6 year old boy. This is a situation I cannot abide.

One month ago I decided not to continue a 1/72 MiG 29. I'd begun it as a present for a Birthday gift. I decided to build a 1/48 GWH MiG 29 instead. Problems with my hands changed this to a 1/32 Il-2 & a 1/35 tank!!

The boy had taken a lesson and spotted the incomplete little MiG. I said he could have it. He noticed the missing canopy. I told him I would fit it and then he could take it.

I can't find it.

I took this photo last Saturday to remind me to extract my digit. The disappointment is etched in his face.

udTgoK.jpg

This boy is very special. He has only been here in Australia for a few months. When we met he couldn't understand me. He is now speaking the English quite well. He is highly intelligent and a real little character with a boundless personality. I am very fond of him. His mother is a lovely young woman.  She self descibes herself as a Tiger Mother. 

As a result I am building him another, better model. I have until Saturday. I figure he can play with a glider. Less things to break.

AssmqS.jpg

QxmVNm.jpg

I am now up and at the cafe across the road. Toast with jam and 3 double shot flat whites are my breakfast. I awoke at 4.30 AM to begin this project.

Wish me luck.