Revell/Fisher Hawker Hunter T7

mozart

faSVBg.jpg

Not too much time for modelling today, but I managed to get the major elements of the cockpit together - it was a bit like doing a jigsaw puzzle because each piece had to go in the right place and in the right order.  I started off by gluing in the IP but fortunately quickly discovered that the floor pan and rudder pedals needed to go in first.  The floor pan and sides are simply held in place by the fit of the rest of the components....no glue!  The seats are just placed there, they'll go in much later.  All the other kit bits are cleaned up, assembled where necessary at this stage and drying.  More tomorrow I hope!

On 10/18/2020 at 9:05 AM, Stevepd said:

This is just brilliant. I’ve built one before I joined LSP and I loved every minute of it. It builds well and just looks the part. You’ve got me thinking now I might have to put a wanted thread up.......

Well you can't have mine, this thread is pure inspiration.  I just need to decide a colour scheme. :hmmm:

Thanks Steve, a useful reminder!  The wing construction isn't straightforward by any means, I'll have to check my Echelon Hunter to see if it's similar.  I think it may be since I believe Revell "ahem" used Frank Brown's design rather liberally when doing theirs? 

Spending an idle moment this morning looking at my intended aircraft, I noticed a scoop half way along the fuselage which I hadn't registered before:

k1zXDM.jpg

This rather splendid photo confirms there is one each side and the aerial aft of the cockpit:

5RpUHr.jpg

Fortunately I kept the "moulds" that I had carved from resin for my EE Lightning so it will be five minutes work to make a couple from lead foil and fit them when all the rough handling is complete.  Talking of which; test fitting before fuselage join:

71usOU.jpg

and done, just a couple of gaps to fill:

P5THvh.jpg

and some work to get the best fit possible on the wing join.

6 hours ago, Alain Gadbois said:

Max, with careful and precise work, your two seat conversion is progressing exceptionally well!

Alain

Thanks Alain, I’m pleased with its progress. I spent a couple of hours on it yesterday, mostly filling and sanding but I got the tail planes on and the wings nearly finished so today she should be ready for a primer coat. I’m so looking forward to the painting stage!