Revell/Fisher Hawker Hunter T7

mozart

27 minutes ago, Lothar said:

Can you see that little guy a bit further down the track with the black/white checkered flag? No idea why I can hardly wait to see this beauty waved off and finished :bow:

Lothar

And not too far away now Lothar, the lines of the T7 Hunter are soooo graceful, it gladdens my eyes every time I walk into the craft room. 

I've managed to find a picture of XL609 plus tanks @Stevepd!  :D  I imagine these will be standard Hunter ones finished in Dark Sea Grey or similar with silver undersides.

pDOjcW.jpg

She's definitely a 56 squadron plane now:

OKUOHg.jpg

I've started looking at the canopy, cleaning it up is somewhat "stressful" because I'm aware that one slip of the knife will be disastrous!  I thought masking it would be quite straightforward but no, the demarcation of edges isn't great, so again more stress.  So I'm trying an experiment:

776XUg.jpg

I've made "masks" for each of the three basic shapes that comprise the hood.  Having photographed these shapes (I'll be doing a better one!) I'm going to import that into the Silhouette cameo and trace around the shapes, I need to mask inside and out so it's an efficient way of doing it (in my book at least!).  More adventures tomorrow!! :unsure:

13 minutes ago, Alain Gadbois said:

Looking absolutely beautiful Max.

Good luck with the masks. I really should get into this Silhouette cutter, as it opens up so many possibilities with markings.

Alain

Thanks Alain. Yes you are absolutely right, the Silhouette does give so many different possibilities, really the extent of your imagination! I’d be lost without mine. 

• 2 weeks later...

She's on her legs!  I hope to get the rest of the main wheel well covers on today, but I'm not at all happy with the rear front wheel well cover, it's far too near the vertical, so that's all coming off so I can have another go.  I really, really, really hate the Revell "instruction" sheets, about as much use as a chocolate fire screen....:fight:

zQy7JS.jpg