JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

I've been interested in getting the Saab volumes of the Nordic Airpower series for quite a while. They are indeed out of print, and the Viggen tome is unavailable at Rebell, but when I enquired about the book I got the following reply from Max Nykvist:

"I am afraid that the book is sold out at the publisher. We are working on a solution to make a re-print, but it may take a while. I will record your interest and get back to you later."

So, for anyone wanting any of these books, it may pay off to get in touch with Rebell and indicate your interest. Rebell still does have the Lansen volume in stock.

When it comes to the Viggen, there is also the AirDoc publication by the same author which, while not as extensive as the Nordic Airpower volume, nevertheless is pretty nice and worth having in my opinion.

Ignoring for a moment the 3D CAD images and the picture of lots of 3D printed fan blades has anyone seen anything of this kit? I notice they're now re-releasing this kit they haven't yet  started to ship to the first customers?

Graham

Edited by GrahamF
typo

42 minutes ago, GrahamF said:

Ignoring for a moment the 3D CAD images and the picture of lots of 3D printed fan blades has anyone seen anything of this kit? I notice they're now re-releasing this kit they haven't yet  started to ship to the first customers?

Graham

Yes: front section of fuselage, nose gear bay, intakes, exhaust, fin and canards have all been showcased. https://www.facebook.com/pg/JETMADS2016/photos/

41 minutes ago, GrahamF said:

Yep, sure have. Lots and LOTS of parts!  Lots more on their FB page as well:

144950754_755316985390589_75918341188791

133816741_733678287554459_15210969824833

144385546_755317525390535_56795104063224

144537415_755317232057231_17060178971288

55 minutes ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

As we ay in Scotland,

I cannae wait to get me hands on this beauty

Its funny being an American with basically only Scottish heritage. My wife (of mainly Dutch heritage) doesn't catch a lot of what is being said by the Scottish guests on the mostly Brit shows we watch.  Guests like Iain Sterling's & especially Kevin Bridges brogue is SO thick I catch a lot of "what did he say?"s   :lol: Being a yank I still dont catch it all, but easier for me than her. 

Long time ago I worked in a Scottish call centre and had to deal with an Engineer up north (Aberdeen area).  Could not understand a single word of what he said.  Immediately after I spoke to his supervise and I explained I could not understand what he said.  The answer form the supervisor:  Nae worries lad, neither can I...

Edited by Landrotten Highlander

:lol:

We visited my relatives in East Kilbride when I was a kid many a time, and my dads uncle would always wave good buy to us with a rousing "Lang mae yer lum reek!"

I always thought it was some weird way of him telling my dad that he stunk for some reason.............until I was old enough to start going to highland games here in the US, and figured out he was just telling him to "live long and prosper" in nerd terms.

Hahaha, good times. 

:lol:

Oh, memories of our trip to Scotland!

Actually, we did pretty good understanding most people. We definitely benefitted by all the Brit shows we watched. We kind of blew away a guide we hired for a trip through the Highlands when we asked to go by where they filmed Monarch of the Glen. He couldn't believe we knew about that.

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

We visited my relatives in East Kilbride when I was a kid many a time, and my dads uncle would always wave good buy to us with a rousing "Lang mae yer lum reek!

I grew up in a mining area in Fife in central Scotland and the reply to that would be "wea ither folks coal"

That brought back a few memories :beer:

Bob