Heinkel 111 H-2 finished

Thank you kindly!

The PE. guns and masks finally arrived from Hannants...Only a bit over 2 weeks but felt like a lifetime!

the difference in the Aires weapons and the Revell one become apparent.

jdVZ0Y9.jpg

PE added to the gear bays/ components.

M6HS75A.jpg

Yq1m3GT.jpg

OLTzcea.jpg

work, such as it is, continues.

Thanks for looking

Thanks for the encouragement! it is appreciated!!

I spent most of the modelling allotment time today on one of the gear bays, not liking the 2 dimensional PE. hydraulic lines, I taped the PE to my bench and copy bent annealed .012" stainless wire to the same shape, kind of roughly I admit but still a bit better (maybe?) than 2 dimensional hydraulic lines. I also added a few bundles of electrical cable in the same approximate location Revell had put them. Only needs the front bulkhead and brackets installed then this one is done... I think

TwN2RnT.jpg

4KiJ5DA.jpg

LTRDa7J.jpg

kIjBusv.jpg

and thank you for looking

All of that lovely detail!  Makes my heart weep for joy!

Now...  important question:  How are you gonna mount the MG's since you've added detail both inside and outside of the A/C?

I did a 1/72 scale Do 215.  I added ring sites to the metal barrels I'd made with brass rod.  I ended up using small balls of bluetack to 'simulate' the ball mounts.  This isn't a suggestion, mind you.  I'm just curious if there is something for me to learn here.

Gaz

Thanks for looking and encouraging!

Gaz, the guns are in two pieces, the barrels are not attached to the gun bodies yet (pin & sleeve press fitted together) Although...I haven't checked to see if they'll fit that way either...I'll be right back!

The landing gear bays are pretty much completed. I may break them while installing them to the wing or some other way but for now, I like the way they've come out.

92Vk52s.jpg

xkz5sJn.jpg

loving this!

one question: given this is a 'no holds barred' build, i am surprised you are not using master metal barrels with Aires resin stock / butt?

expensive i know, but the difference is certainly noticeable at anything under a metre and a half when looking at the model

Thank you very much for the positive encouragement!

3 hours ago, nmayhew said:

loving this!

one question: given this is a 'no holds barred' build, i am surprised you are not using master metal barrels with Aires resin stock / butt?

expensive i know, but the difference is certainly noticeable at anything under a metre and a half when looking at the model

because I’m a forgetful idiot....ordered now, thank you for reminding me they’re available, on their way from the supplier now. A Canadian suppler so it shouldn’t be a couple of days...hopefully 

While fitting the wing center section I couldn't get over how funny the model would look built with folded wings like a carrier born bomber...don't worry, I wont do it.

The center section is installed and glued up, sitting on it's wheels and an almost perfect fit of the wing to fuselage (not my doing-Revell did the hard work)

d8aRRep.jpg

upTOeFN.jpg

Looking real nice. Might I ask who did the landing gear bay photo etch? The level of detail is great. If I can still get it, I'll add to my build when I finally get round to it. Adding the framework to the inside of the canopy turned out great, Good idea  you had there. Your wiring is a thing of beauty. I scrounge old electronics parts and take  apart the coils in them. It's even finer wire, I have stuff going down to .002 diameter. Bash an old transistor radio apart :).  The idea for a toothbrush sander works well, and if you use replaceable brushes, you can make them up in different grits. I made a couple by cutting off the bristles but I think the idea of putting the paper on the bristles instead will make it easier for the paper to flex in curved spots. I'm gonna give it a try, I have a half dozen or so worn out brush heads.