Heinkel 111 H-2 finished

Yes, thanks. This is the CMK (MPM) H 1/2/3 conversion.

A bit more...tinkering going on. Not really serious building just adding bits and pieces where they may be visible.

I added some hydraulic lines to the mains and with such a huge greenhouse cockpit I didn't think merely masking and painting the frames would be enough so I took to building some support frames from some .020" strip which will (maybe?) be visible from the outside/ open access panels. 

yqczH5d.jpg

ruuYfb9.jpg

• chrish changed the title to Heinkel 111 p to H conv.

Thank you very much! I really appreciate the encouragement!

I've taken the leap to wiring the overhead gauge pod (drilled a hole through it for the I.P. wiring to traverse) It was a bit tricky figuring out what order to do the wire and glue together procedure. At any rate here's where I am tonight.

The top gauge pod wired for install:

isLyqGq.jpg

In place:

94JXKrw.jpg

M0YuQ2J.jpg

jeTThqm.jpg

c2AvogZ.jpg

QrTpvEL.jpg

Looking much busier in there now.

Thanks for looking

wow this is pretty hardcore stuff!!

what plane are you going to do?

i have quite a lot of 111 reference material courtesy of the Luftwaffe Crash Archive series of books - let me know if you need anything, but it certainly looks like you have the interior covered!

i love what you have done with the glazing and such a shame that Revell got the 2 nose cones confused and mixed up the shapes but not a lot you can do about that unless you cast your own clear resin.

definitely following this one! :popcorn:

Nick

Thank you guys for the kind words.

I was being corralled by decals into one or two specific planes until I found die cut masks for other planes, (Now ordered) so I have a greater choice now...not that the BoB aircraft varied much in camouflage...I had planned on painting on the markings anyway. 

the window frames are glued in, some with Tamiya thin and some with pva glue.

I began work on fitting the lower wing center section with the bomb bay cells installed on the wing, Revell has you build the cells and then install to the lower wing then install the wing into the model, earlier test fitting of the wing to fuselage showed a good fit however, with the bomb cells now firmly glued into the lower wing center section the wing would not fit into the fuselage.

Because it had fit properly earlier I knew it was something to do with the now installed bomb cells. Checking the fit again I found the CMK (HPH) resin bulkhead was more than three times the thickness of the Revell kit part and intruding into the bomb bay.  The bulkhead now also firmly glued in place with CA glue, painted and detailed, What to do? Cheat a bit and move the bomb bays rearwards? Big job!

Break the fuselage open and re-fit the Revell part? Danger of mass destruction!...

razor saws to the rescue and split the bulkhead vertically in place...2 hours later (cracked some glue but repaired now) I can now fit the lower wing properly.
Now in all honesty I saw the thickness difference in the bulkheads much earlier in construction and thought that may be trouble if not dealt with...then forgot all about it....dumbass!

HK5njjP.jpg

wDyIuvu.jpg

gADOVjJ.jpg

Thanks!...More luck than skill I'm afraid. But like an old mechanic buddy of mine used to say, "The sun does shine on a dogs a** (butt) once in a while" meaning everyone has good luck every now and then.

8 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

Nice work.  Great details.

From what or where did you get the wire for the loom?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hey Mark, that's old land line phone harness. I had a new build house and scooped up all kinds of treasures the builders left behind.

Xp9cLKK.jpg