pre order viggen is a go

mark31

In a confirmation email they stated, "More of the Swedish jets as well as other versions of the Viggen will be coming".

To quote Dickens, "It was the worst of times, it was the best of times"... for me it is the Best of times as long as we get a Viggen in 1/32. The rest of this crazy situation we find ourselves in sort of fades away when you think of Splinter Camouflage.

Tnarg

11 minutes ago, Tnarg said:

In a confirmation email they stated, "More of the Swedish jets as well as other versions of the Viggen will be coming".

I wonder if they'll beat Fly to a Tunnan? I doubt it, but you never know! The more the merrier, if you ask me.

Kev

20 minutes ago, Tnarg said:

I hope we get an SF Viggen, and some Drakens. 

This is getting very exciting. 

1 hour ago, seiran01 said:

Better get your orders in fast if you want one! They’ve just posted on Facebook that 300 of the total 500 production run have been reserved in the 6 hours since making the reservations available 

WOW!  That seems pretty incredible to me, but then again Im stupid. 

1 hour ago, DONG said:

Well you just did sell a car :whistle: Brian.

The kit won't cost anymore than a Tamiya Mossie which runs for around $300 Canadian here anyway.

Don

I wholeheartedly agree Don, Ive got to get the wife a car, and fix the house up to sell, but you dam well better believe a Saab 37 stuck in there!!  :lol:

I know its a SK37, but there here is some pretty cool motivation to get you amped up.............

Great video.

Hide in the woods on the country road, at least from human eyes (it was a different time). Get up fast. Go chase the Bear, or the Wolf or the Viper... anyone and everyone. A powerful thunderbolt that has the strength of Thor's hammer. What's not to like with the Viggen?

Tnarg

Love that video. It demonstrates what a brutally powerful, yet beautifully graceful aeroplane the Viggen is. 
I remember being at an air show and was lucky enough to talk/bribe my way airside (when such things were possible back then). Standing at the runway threshold when the Viggen pilot pushed the loud button was something unholy. You could feel the flesh on your bones physically shake from the power of that engine, and the noise...just wow. Even with ear defenders, it still rattled the eardrums. 
There’s something so evocative about the shape, and the splinter scheme, it’s my holy grail of fast jet LSP builds. I think I could quite happily retire my airbrush after finishing it. 

7 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

OK, I am firmly in the camp of wanting a Draken as well, but got my Viggen reserved. One of the few jets to draw me away from WWI.

Same here - the Viggen will be only the second jet kit in my stash (after the HK Meteor)