The antique BoB Revell Spitfire Mk.I

And here's the final mast assembly. The reference pictures are showing that the section of the mast inside the fuselage is not streamlined, nor painted. It is just raw cut wood, very probably mahogany!

kpCHrNF.jpg

The plate with the two notches in front of the mast was actually intended to secure the tension wires of the Sutton harnest system.

Hi guys,

Having an appropriate seat is good but finding a way to put it in the cockpit is better! The Aires set is again showing its drawbacks. First, the seat support structure is far too simplified and second, it is not fully correct because of the too large resin seat. The use of the Barracuda seat was solving the dimension problem but this also meant I was forced to rebuild the structure... <_<

Again, finding the relevant pictures was not that easy as either the seat is in the cockpit and you cannot seen the support structure, either it is removed but typically wihout that structure that is rarely shot in pictures! So, I had to reconstruct the full pictures from bits visible here and there and TM views!

Finally, I used a combination of the initial resin part, Evergreen rod, the small bars cut out of the Barracuda seat and some very fine Albion tubes. I had a lot of difficulties to position correctly the latter but this was very important to get a correct seat angle. I tried to glue them correctly at least ten times without success... :BANGHEAD2:

Finally, I used slow setting CA gel and I think I got it at last correctly!

YYfI2Te.jpg

And while I was ending that seat, I also looked at the armor. The Barracuda seat I had had no armor plate. The Aires one was too large and cast with the seat. The kit one was far too thick and thinning it was not a solution as the dimensions are alas incorrect. I also had a leftover photoetched one but the holes were not correctly aligned with my scratchbuilt seat supporting structure!

In the end, I copied a Barracuda one and enlarged a little bit the holes to mate correctly the seat, armor plate and supporting structure.

UBEqJD6.jpg

Finally, the only component I will use from the original seat is the heigth adjusting lever as it will be barely visible on the seat side. So, I simply saw it and reworked it a little bit. Considering what will be finally visible, this will be more than sufficient!

QnwL6xa.jpg

Another item removed from the list!

Hi guys,

I still played a little bit with thin plastic card and Slater's strips... AND I also drilled more holes! However, to be totally frank, I only did it for the ones that will possibly be visible as close to all the damned beams used in the Spitfire fuselage had holes!

One of the last major internal items to add was the radio system. It will barely be visible but I wanted the shapes to be there. Finally, I should have pushed the limits a little bit further to open the radio hatch. Oh, well, this will be for another kit!

Here's the radio transmitter box. I just built a very basic box as only the shapes will be visible and finally such radios were without many features and painted black. So, there is no need to go mad with details.

G6qCI1y.jpg

Then, I had a look at the radio tray. Again, the main challenge was linked to the need to assess more or less correctly the shapes while being sure this will be correctly positioned when the fuselage halves will be closed! I simplified a little bit the parts as some features will not be visible.

mn8ImBu.jpg

Last, here is the smaller support the was located behing station 12. I detailed it a little bit further as this area will be more visible.

PFEswOu.jpg

And this final picture shows how all the items should look together when the fuselage will be closed.  I think I can consider that the area will be sufficiently busy with all that stuff.

duYp4aC.jpg

The next step will be the Sutton belts and a final check to assess if I still need to allocate time to other interior elements!

I think I can again remove one item from my tweak list!

Actually I'm terribly slow and have no problem to put a project aside for months or even years if I consider I need more data or a technical solution to solve a problem. This explains why I did not publish many WIPs. There are possibly four or five of them on LSP whereas I've been amongst the first batch of members!