On The Bench, episode 85 "what happened to WNW"

cbk57

19 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Is there a summary of what’s on the podcast?  Not really interested in listening to a 1 hour interview.

Scroll through to 01:18:19. The conversation starts there. It might be best to listen because some of the summaries and interpretations here are a bit muddled.

On 6/7/2020 at 5:03 PM, Dave Williams said:

Is there a summary of what’s on the podcast?  Not really interested in listening to a 1 hour interview.

Dave Wilson of forumWWIaircraftmodels speaks about what was written on his forum about Wingnit Wings. You will not hear anything there that you have not read on the internet. He sounds like a nice guy, he makes very erudite points and the podcast is worth listening to. However, it is still an undeniable fact that there is no official "announcement of closure" from WNW. David says in this podcast that there is no such official statement from WNW. 

Radu 

10 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Facts here are in fact the facts:

We all know what others have said about WnW and their potential demise, but no one one has heard what WnW have to say about WnW and their potential demise. 

I think when you look at the behavior of ownership, we may never get an official statement.  I think second hand is the best we are going to do.  If they wanted to say something official they would have by now.  

I not saying we will ever get that................Im simply stating the facts:

we do not, nor have we ever had a factual statement as to the official state of WnW. What we have so far are guesses by many many people. Those guesses very well might be right, but they  are guesses just the same. 

As to an when an official statement may or may not be released, I have to wholeheartedly disagree with the notion If they wanted to say something official they would have by now, as there are quite possibly a myriad of things going on behind the scenes, possibly both good and bad and likely legal, that would very easily prevent any kind of statement being made till that was all taken care of. 

12 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

If they wanted to say something official they would have by now.  

WNW HAVE MADE AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT! IT IS ON THEIR WEBSITE! IT DOES NOT GET MORE OFFICIAL THAN THAT! 

Sorry for the all caps, but some of you need to be grabbed by the shoulders and shaken to reality! :D Yes, including that guy shouting "denial". :)

Radu 

Edited by Radub

Aaaaaand here we go again ..... So, what's new but :deadhorse:

Yes, I know, just an exchange of opinions and a discussion so I'm allowed to have my own opinion too!!!

Oh and before I forget, nobody forces me to read the comments.......

3 minutes ago, petrov27 said:

Well gosh then Im sure its all peaches and roses at WNW and we will see 1000 new tooled kits out from them this year! Plus they are branching into inter-war, more WW2 plus adding jet age subjects - its amazing!!!

No one is saying that either. I guess its just hard to get through to people then?   

What this means is exactly what is said, there is no factual statement anywhere about the future of WnW except that which is written on the site. Everything else is still a guess.

That is all IM saying, as they are the only facts we know at this time. Everything else again may very well be accurate, but still just a guess. 

41 minutes ago, Radub said:

WNW HAVE MADE AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT! IT IS ON THEIR WEBSITE! IT DOES NOT GET MORE OFFICIAL THAN THAT! 

Sorry for the all caps, but some of you need to be grabbed by the shoulders and shaken to reality! :D Yes, including that guy shouting "denial". :)

Radu 

You are right, I dismissed the statement they put on the website.  However, I also see it as no longer relevant as New Zealand is no longer closed due to Covid.  As a consequence if they were going to be open for business or choose to do business they probably would be at this point.  I don’t think we disagree maybe in just how we are looking at this.  The whole point was to let people know about the interview.  I think it is in the end our best source and insight into where things are at until or unless WNW does say something.  

The reality is that right now, regardless of the reason, WNW is shut down.  You can’t order anything from them.  People who ordered just prior to the shutdown don’t seem to be able to get their stuff, and no shop is getting restocks of WNW kits from them.  There is no announced date when, if ever, they will resume selling kits.  Whether the shutdown is temporary or permanent doesn’t matter much at this point in time since you can’t get any of their kits without possibly paying an arm or a leg.

At this point, does knowing why really matter?

Edited by Dave Williams