Sign in to follow this  
John1

Barracudacals Still Around?

Just went to order some bits from Barracuda, their website is gone.    They having technical issues or are they no longer around?

23 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Roy has just confirmed that it's a technical issue that they're currently working to resolve.

Kev

Great news, thanks very much Kevin!

4 hours ago, BiggTim said:

Anyone know where they are based? Just curious.

Not sure exactly where but their packaging says "Made with Pride in the USA"....   

For those that have never checked them out, I highly recommend hitting the website once it's back up.   They have a wide range of resin and decals (unfortunately, many of the decals are now OOP).  His stuff is of very high quality and the prices are very reasonable. 

6 hours ago, BiggTim said:

Anyone know where they are based? Just curious.

California. Roy used to work at (if memory serves) LucasArts actually as a model builder. He worked at 21st Century Toys previously too.

Posted (edited)

Roy moved from the Bay area out to a small town further east because of the cost of living.  I don't remember the name of the town, but it's a small rural farming community.

I don't think he ever actually worked *for* Lucas.  He was a contractor AFAIK.  

Edited by Jennings Heilig

20 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Do you know what scale? 

72 , 48 , 32.

Said he wouldn't be able to work on getting the site back up 'til Monday.

Roy is an all-around good guy, too. I've bought several items from him, and he has on a couple of occasions directly given advice or input for me.

Got lots of his Spitfire (and Mustang) bits - brilliant quality. I'm always looking out for any of his new releases.

PR

Roy is not just one of the "good people" he is "Great". I have shared a few IPMS meetings with him over the years and he has been extremely kind in sharing his information and resources. His craftsmanship is just amazing. He knows the details and follows through to create products that make a big difference in turning your model into a true replica of the original plane. I hope he gets the website back up soon, so you can see (and buy) his amazing creative output.

Tnarg