Hasegwa Bf 109G-14/AS

LSP_K2

I'm beginning to think it's time for me to be in a home. A few months back, I sorted through all of my paints (I have quite a lot), and pulled all of the Luftwaffe colors, putting all of them into one large Ziploc bag. Where are all of those paints now that I need them, you might ask? Kevin has no earthly clue!

Actually, I did luck out and find both my Model Master and Mr. Hobby RLM 76 (obviously not in the missing bag), but I now also have a bottle of MRP RLM 76 on the way, so I'm going to do a test comparison of the three to see which I prefer. If push comes to shove, I'll order the remaining colors I need from the MRP line; I've been really wanting to try them anyway, as I've heard so much good stuff about them.

Finally! The blue interiors of the intake (Mr Hobby RLM 76; I love the way this stuff sprays), have now been fitted to the fuselage bottom; essential stuff before I'm able to start applying primer to the fuselage, which I now intend to do this weekend. Pay no attention to the crooked 'pit floor, it's just there for this photo. In fact, I'll need to add some shims to that, as the floor itself is narrower than the sidewalls, so no way it will fit otherwise!

zPBT9U.jpg

9 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

You must be doing something wrong Kev   (;)).

What did you not like ?

Despite a vigorous shaking, it was still like water and very translucent, virtually no opacity at all, barely covering a white plastic card, even after multiple passes. To make matters even worse, it's green, almost no blue tint to it at all. Very disappointing stuff. For the moment, I'll just stick with Mr Hobby; just ordered a few more bottles yesterday, in fact.

35 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Yeah, sounds like there might have been a lot of pigment still in the bottom. I still buy stainless steel BBs and put them in my bottles for that very reason. 

Possibly. I didn't add BBs first, which I normally do. I've yet to buy any stainless BBs, but certainly intend to, as I find that mixing certain paints and copper, can cause an unpleasant negative reaction over time.

30 minutes ago, Troy Molitor said:

I love MPR paint Kev.  They spray extremely well for me.  Hmmmmm.  I wonder what went wrong for you?  

So does everyone else. I've never heard a bad word about the stuff, so was anxious to try it myself. MRP does the standard RLM 76, but also do what they refer to as a late war RLM 76, so perhaps the label was switched or something, who knows.