Hasegwa Bf 109G-14/AS

LSP_K2

This totally figures. Not only did I not use any of this stuff, I had completely forgotten that I even had them. I stumbled upon them tonight, "hiding" in the basement. I'll toss them into my G-10 box, where I'll probably use at least some of it. I really need to get organized, big time.

bLGW5I.jpg

11 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

This totally figures. Not only did I not use any of this stuff, I had completely forgotten that I even had them. I stumbled upon them tonight, "hiding" in the basement. I'll toss them into my G-10 box, where I'll probably use at least some of it. I really need to get organized, big time.

bLGW5I.jpg

Thats my nightmare.  I really should start a spreadsheet.  

Happy news for me. I did a bit of research last night (on the IPMS USA site), and was able to identify at least four shows in 2022 that are within 300 miles or so from me. Attending any one (or all four) of these shows, should be a snap for me, once this model is finally finished, which it shall be.

OK, a few days back, I noticed that my tank pressure had dropped to zero, so a new tank was definitely in order. Picked one up Tuesday and dragged it down to the dungeon tonight. Normally the tanks average about 600psi, but this particular tank was especially well filled, so gives me a current reading of 750psi. I'm able to paint again,... yay!

YLnMfI.jpg

Luhr58.jpg

And even more interesting news; while tonight searching for some books to sell off, I grabbed one that, unbeknownst to me, had a decal sheet in it, a 1:32 Fw 190D-9 set, to be specific. Why it was inside the book, I have no idea. The good news (sort of), is that it contains a yellow 15, and in a color that I actually like, unlike the previous EC sheet that I had purchased specifically for this model. Two problems with this though; while the yellow is excellent, there's no black outline, and the five, in particular, is of a slightly different design. Still, I may use them anyway, unless my ongoing searches turn up something better.

87nYoV.jpg

LHJC8c.jpg

On 8/15/2021 at 11:02 AM, LSP_K2 said:

There is a tiny bit of pigment at the bottom that apparently didn't mix well the first time (without BBs), but I don't see how that small amount could make a difference.

It won't. I had the same problem (poor coverage) with their Insignia Blue. By the time I got coverage the paint was on so thick it wasn't acceptable. 

6 hours ago, Archer Fine Transfers said:

It won't. I had the same problem (poor coverage) with their Insignia Blue. By the time I got coverage the paint was on so thick it wasn't acceptable. 

I'm glad to hear that somebody else has had a similar issue. Not glad it happened to you, as such, but I am glad that I'm not the only person on the planet that's had a bad experience with the stuff.

And yet another milestone; inboard cooling flaps now painted to my satisfaction. Between ejector pin remnants, sanding marks, more primer, more sanding , more pin mark remnants and even more priming/painting (there must be 15 coats of lacquer on these things), I believe they finally now look acceptable. They're really not perfect by any means, but the low angle of them, combined with the high angle of the nose, will work out just swimmingly, I suspect. 

1pzoW3.jpg