Hasegwa Bf 109G-14/AS

LSP_K2

Some (temporary) reinforcements added to spars to assist with stiffening them through the painting process, as they are otherwise sort of flimsy, and I fear breaking them off, especially the longer rear ones. 

BlUV0q.jpg

And now lower fuselage component welded in place:

phaMxj.jpg

On 8/13/2021 at 11:57 AM, Out2gtcha said:

Yeah, sounds like there might have been a lot of pigment still in the bottom. I still buy stainless steel BBs and put them in my bottles for that very reason. 

Strangely , the new MRP comes in plastic bottles with no BB.  You can still stir the bottom with a long stick (or something),

then shake.  Plastic bottles likely for some new international shipping regulation ?

I've also noticed that I can't really see any sediment at the bottom of the plastic bottle.   Weird :blink:

7 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Strangely , the new MRP comes in plastic bottles with no BB.  You can still stir the bottom with a long stick (or something),

then shake.  Plastic bottles likely for some new international shipping regulation ?

I've also noticed that I can't really see any sediment at the bottom of the plastic bottle.   Weird :blink:

There is a tiny bit of pigment at the bottom that apparently didn't mix well the first time (without BBs), but I don't see how that small amount could make a difference. Now that I've added some BBs though, I'll shake the daylights out of and give it another try. And yes, plastic bottle, which I actually prefer.

• 2 weeks later...

Now this is cool. Today I just received a set of wheels (Barracuda), for a G-10 that I'll be starting in February. In the package is a small wheel decal detail set. I had the same set in the box for my G-14, but had no idea where they came from, so now I know. No instructions though, so I'm really not sure how to use them. Perhaps I'll drop Barracuda a note, asking what's what.

54 minutes ago, dodgem37 said:

'In the package is a small wheel decal detail set.  . . . so I'm really not sure how to use them.'

Post an image.  Someone will know.

Sincerely,

Mark

I'll look into doing just that, probably in the main forums area. Thanks, my friend, I appreciate the input.

I'm sort of bummed. I found this excellent JG 300 image online, but can't use it the way I intended. While I have Acrobat pro on my old PC (which is down for the time being), I could have used this image as a watermark for the document I always create with my contest entries. My new PC does not have Acrobat Pro installed (yet), and the Adobe reader is very limited in its capabilities.

ub3Whd.jpg

9 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

What format do you need Kev ?  I can vectorize it and post it in PDF if that will help.

While I genuinely appreciate the offer, Mike, it turns out that I can add a watermark using MS Word, but unlike Word 2007 (which I have on my old PC, which is also down for the moment, and won't be able to be accessed until after this show is long over), where I could fade the watermark to my personal liking, Word 2013 (which I run on this PC) only allows for a 50% reduction in opacity, regardless of my own personal taste. I may post an image of what I've done with it thus far. I try to always make one of these "this is what I did" documents, to submit with my entry, so this show will be no exception.

More bad stuff;... last night, while airbrushing some parts for this project, I (fortunately) noticed that the tank pressure has dropped to 0 psi. While there is still some gas in the tank, it's impossible to gauge how much, so I'll be heading down tomorrow for a new tank.

Well gents, I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that I do not have sufficient time to finish this by the 11th, which is only two weeks from today. While this makes me very sad, I'll just soldier on and perhaps take it to the show next year, possibly some regional events as well.