1/32 Mirage 2000-5F, Kitty Hawk

jgrease

Completed the KH Mirage 2000C as a -5F. In my opinion this is KH's best effort to date. Assembly was good in spite of the usual bad instructions. I like the addition of the resin pilot and exhaust. The decals were thick and did not respond to setting solutions. In spite of decals for French, Greek, Brazilian and Taiwanese airframes, there are only French stencils. Also, no information is provided for the 4 different rudder tips and two noses, so check references before assembly. This wasn't my best work - I found a lot of things I would correct in a future build.

HWKHJ0d.jpg?1

2mXEN3v.jpg?1

4CFHePB.jpg?1

1fBxset.jpg?1

TyN3ZJy.jpg?1

2jkeBRt.jpg?1

gzMZfGa.jpg?1

lT1Ij72.jpg?1

QHCayrQ.jpg?1

Your observations and critiques are welcomed.

John

Edited by jgrease

I observe that this is a wonderful build! As well as the very first KHM Mirage I've seen finished.  My only critique would be the decals, and that is by no means your fault, but there definitely should be some AM decals coming, including (hopefully) correct language stencils.  You've done a wonderful job OOB here, and this seems like a great advert for the kit.

Very well done! 

19 minutes ago, Sukhoi said:

Great build... waiting for my kits !!..one question..are there any exocet missile in the boxe???..would like to do a Greek anti ship Mirage 2000

No exocets in box.

19 minutes ago, alain11 said:

Hi 

you are the first to pull the trigger on  . It’s a very good job , even OOB , that looks convincing . Can’t wait to get this kit in hands, it’s a shame  , this kit is not yet available in France  

Alain

Thanks Alain! I can't believe they haven't issued this kit in France of all places!

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

I observe that this is a wonderful build! As well as the very first KHM Mirage I've seen finished.  My only critique would be the decals, and that is by no means your fault, but there definitely should be some AM decals coming, including (hopefully) correct language stencils.  You've done a wonderful job OOB here, and this seems like a great advert for the kit.

Very well done! 

Thanks Brian!

Excellent build and finish - a shame about the decals, but Berna Decals have issued a few

sets for the 2000-C. After seeing your finished model I'm glad I got my kit very early from KH.

One of my all time favourite aircraft extremely well done.

Lothar

5 hours ago, alain11 said:

Hi 

you are the first to pull the trigger on  . It’s a very good job , even OOB , that looks convincing . Can’t wait to get this kit in hands, it’s a shame  , this kit is not yet available in France  

Alain

I heard tony shop received a large inventory