Wingnut Wings Photos from US Nats

LSP_Kevin

The 0400 really looks interesting and the folded wing design makes displaying this beast more realistic.

By the way, I'm looking at those Lancaster photos and thinking "Gosh, I never saw it before, but that plane looks like a diesel electric locomotive with wings on it!"  Maybe I'm just nuts.

atsf-347c-emd-f7a-santa-fe-diesel-electr

28 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Wow, two versions too! 

I wonder what the differences are between the early and late DRs.

Early includes the F.1 according to the flyer. The main visual difference I know of is that the F1 had a differently shaped tailplane. I believe there are some subtle differences in the cowling as well that may have carried over to early Dr1s

7 minutes ago, seiran01 said:

Early includes the F.1 according to the flyer. The main visual difference I know of is that the F1 had a differently shaped tailplane. I believe there are some subtle differences in the cowling as well that may have carried over to early Dr1s

This is taken from my notes on the Fokker DR. I.

Information comes from Dan-San Abbott

Gentlemen:
There are several differences between the Fok F.I, first production order and the revised design Fok.DR.I.
Fok.F.I/DR.I Fok.DR.I 
Top span 7190mm 7200mm
middle span 6225 6230 
lower span 5725 5770
wing chord 980 1000
Aileron balance 625 200
Aileron trailing 
edge taper 2 spaces 1 space
The Fok.F.I had a different cowl and no wing skids and a curved leading edge on the tailplane.
Fok.DR.I from 104/17 had the revised cowling and had wing skids and a straight leading edge on trhe tailplane.
The original wing and the revised wing had the same Gottigen airfoil
The aircraft total weight differed, F.I=571kg. Dr.I 586kg.
Blue skies,
Dan-San

The differences are visually very minimal.

You have the curved vs. straight leading edge of the tail plane difference and wings skids vs. no wing skids.

More than that isn't going to be very obvious.  

Probably wouldn't know the difference in cowl shape unless both were side by side and then differences would be minimal.

You probably aren't going to notice that .3mm difference in top wing span length in 1/32 scale!