The One That Got away: Complete

Gazzas

Despite all your paint problems she's looking very smart indeed Gaz, and if those markings are the result of work with your Silhouette cutter then you've clearly mastered that too. Well done! 

Thank you, Max!  These large markings aren't too difficult.  I found a font online called Blockshrift für Flugzeuge which helps with letter and numbers, and the crosses were a gift from another LSP'er.  Where I founder is the smaller items like unit shields.  Still, I have made progress as far as working with the masks go.

Hi everyone... just a small update which still took a large portion of the day to a few more instances of paintlift.  If I didn't sand it, the paint seems to leap onto any masking material, even de-tacked tape which is on it's fourth use.

Still, I have progressed:

4zQifX.jpg

The final masks today were the underwing crosses.   Because of my poor photography and the glare from the coat of Future, you can't see the white corners of the Balkankreuze.   I had to repaint the oil cooler area today...  the yellow is a bit dark.

sajxyR.jpg

The Walkway lines are a mix of Tamiya flat red and light gray 5/3.  I wanted a lower-vis look.  Again, my photography is to blame for the way it looks here.

JjYCqT.jpg

Got the detail painting mostly done.  Heat stained exhaust, exhaust stains (hard to see), scratches at the wing root, the MGs, and the LG's.

Tomorrow, the decals!

Thanks for looking!

Gaz

Edited by Gazzas

HI Everyone,

I'd like to give a special thanks to all of you who cheered me on and shared this bit of my past that I was able to retrieve.  Whatever question that needed to be answer, or void filled was realized a couple of days ago once I had the paint down and blended.  So, today I decided to call it done with a significant feeling of satisfaction.

You can see a few more photos of it in the RFI section: 

O6cqNi.jpg

Thanks!

Gaz