Trumpeter Liberators on facebook

Guest Maxim

26 minutes ago, D.B. Andrus said:

As that is probably a test shot and not final form let's hope that will be remedied, along with the nose turret seam, when production kits arrive.

D.B.

Unfortunately, if I had to guess, like a lot models at this stage, that buildup is pretty close if not FULLY close to what we will get on the final product.

6 hours ago, Dennis7423 said:

Squadron now has the J kit available for pre-order on their website for $250.99. Not too shabby for such a large kit :-)

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

Way too expensive for me, what a shame.

On 1 October 2018 at 6:08 PM, Kongo said:

I think the Davis airfoil is inaccurate ! 

As Prof Anne Elk said, "...much, much thicker in the middle..." 

Looks like we'll have to live with what we get - which will be two-three orders of magnitude better than a vacform.

8 hours ago, EvilCarrot said:

A lot of people in here want the D it seems... :DodgeBall::sorry:

For me it's the pull of the greenhouse nose PB4Y-1 Navy sub hunters like Calvert & Coke, based in Devon. More to it than just a paint job so there's a bit of research needed.

Tony 

On 10/1/2018 at 5:33 AM, Dennis7423 said:

...I don't immediately see a seam down the middle of the tail turret.

It's there.  I runs longitudinally down the rear turret and is midway between the "representative" seams where the plexiglass was actually split.  The front turret seam runs laterally across the turret... really, really sticks out.  I sure hope these aren't the finals on the turrets.  It would be relatively easy to mold the clear sections in 3 parts with seams falling where the real turret plexiglass was joined.  I'm still getting one (or two...one of each).  I'll have to take the word of those who know this girl,that the Davis wing is inaccurate.  I don't have the resources to consult to confirm or refute that claim. 

If the turret glazings are an issue when the kit arrives I'll just vac some new ones...

If the prices UK retailers are quoting at present are true (seems like a relative bargain) - I'll happily take the kit and use it as a canvass for improvement/possible conversions!  :)

Somewhere I think I have 3 ID Vac kits - this will be a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge step forward!  :rolleyes:

Iain