Revell 2017

RBrown

Yes thanks Rob

Here is a translation from German to English

In March 2017 we can look forward to a conversion of the Spitfire Mk. II: the Spitfire Mk. IXc will certainly find many customers!

Which of course also applies to the new F / A 18E available in June. It was already announced for 2016 - now we can finally build it soon!

In July 2017 there is then a conversion of the FW 190 in the form of the FW 190 A-8 as night hunters.

And in September 2017, the well-known Heinkel He 219 kit will be fitted again in the variant He 219 A-0.

We will find the first true big-time clerk in the dealer shelves in October:

A P-51D Mustang from new forms is sent against the Trumpeter kit in the race.
We are looking forward to the first testhots!

On the occasion of the 125th birthday of Manfred von Richthofen on May 2, 1892, the ancient kit of Fokker Dr. I will once again celebrate a resurrection on a crooked scale of 1:28.
Whether model builders really need this "Gift Set 125 years of the Red Baron" is set - that it will sell however "like sliced ​​bread", I go out of it.

If then the coffers are filled for the next projects, then we should be happy to model builders!

... my credit card has breathed a slight sigh of relief!! ...

Mine too!! ... Although I would have happily shelled out for a Do.17z ... or a New Tool Beau ...

March: Spitfire Mk.IXc - If I want another I'll buy the Tamiya kit - again. Plenty good enough, affordable enough for me and plenty of bang-for-buck.

June: F/A.18E - It's a modern jet. so ... no.

July:  Fw.190 A-8 - Hasegawas in the stash and ZM's on the way. I have a couple of the earlier Revell F-8 release ... so I can say it's good although pricier than previous Revell subjects!

September:  He.219 A-0. - Two accurate and detailed ZM kits in the stash - Why bother?

October: P.51-D - I feel sorry for the P.51B fans ... Really? another D?

On a different note, though ... I checked out the price+shipping from the UK of the new Me.262 kit ... and surprisingly it compares well against what I can get the Trumpeter for, pricing wise ... sans smallish errors too, thanks to Radu!

Although I'm sceptical about any new Revell release and cagey about buying any Revell kit without reviews these days, I think I'll be taking the plunge, after all!

Rog :)

thank you for the infos

Baffled as usual at their choice but hopefully they do well with them. I guess they are firmly placing themselves as a cheaper option for those that do not want to spend the $$ on already available kits from Hasegawa/ZM/Trumpeter/Tamiya......

Money saved from my wallet for other subjects from other companies I guess, so yay?

I'm fairly sure the P-51D is a typo.  They were showing people at Telford P-51B CAD.

In that case ... It would be a more positive announcement for sure!

Indeed.....................watch this be a ZM type scenario all over.............NO new Bs in years and years, and then well get a few of em right together. 

I doubt ZM will go there - Not with all their latest revelations stacked up to the ceiling ... and HK Model have already announced a P.51B months ago.

In that case ... It would be a more positive announcement for sure!

I doubt ZM will go there - Not with all their latest revelations stacked up to the ceiling ... and HK Model have already announced a P.51B months ago.

Wasnt really meaning ZM would release a B per se, just that it seems a scenario they have found them selves in a few times.  But yes, with HK already announcing one, and if the B holds true for Revell odds increase for it to happen by someone. 

Wasnt really meaning ZM would release a B per se, just that it seems a scenario they have found them selves in a few times.  But yes, with HK already announcing one, and if the B holds true for Revell odds increase for it to happen by someone. 

It'll be a good comparison too! ... HK Model will probably be more expensive - but probably yield more refined detail for the dollars - If they don't balk and put the project on hold because of this announcement. Revell will most likely offer a cheaper product to market.

With only Revells old tool, and Trumpys ULTRA crap copy of the B in 32nd, It seems there is room in the market atm for both the high end really detailed expensive kit AND the lower end, more simplified kit. 

Exactly what I was thinking ... Given the exorbitant prices HK Model kits are in Europe, the Revell kit will probably thrive there ... Prices will tend to be much closer here (in Aus) I would expect - Although the Revell boxing would probably still be much cheaper.

At any rate, we have an approximate release date for the Revell ... where as the HK announcement was just for a 'future' release. Should they arrive on the scene in a similar timeframe, it'll be a good bang-for-buck comparison.