My modeling while insane "In progress" report. :)

mpk

Jeebus 104F...I dont' think I've ever been in weather like that before!

There's been a bit of a heatwave in Sydney in recent times. We've got off relatively lightly here in Melbourne, though the humidity has been unbearable at times, not to mention how difficult it is to sleep when it's 25+ C overnight! The hottest temperature I ever experienced was during the infamous Black Saturday bushfires, where it got to 47°C (117°F) in my back yard.

Stay cool, Dale!

Kev

I like it, Dale! Keep going...get an AC!

Jeebus 104F...I dont' think I've ever been in weather like that before!

I thought you were talking about phantoms.

I then thought you told me to F off.

Actually, the above is all BS.

Yeah mate. Hot. :)

I've lived in areas where 50 was normal. :)

There's been a bit of a heatwave in Sydney in recent times. We've got off relatively lightly here in Melbourne, though the humidity has been unbearable at times, not to mention how difficult it is to sleep when it's 25+ C overnight! The hottest temperature I ever experienced was during the infamous Black Saturday bushfires, where it got to 47°C (117°F) in my back yard.

Stay cool, Dale!

Kev

47? Pansy. ;)

Do you mean the first Ash Wednesday? I was working as a blacksmith with furnaces 2600C. I was 16 and they did not let us go home. The metal was worked at 1900C. Our tongs were 1m. :D

No joke.

I gotta write that book!

Nice progress here, bud. Engine looks fine to me. I intend to start cranking on my own George again this weekend. I have a couple of ideas I want to try out, so I need to get with it.

I am using your thread like a 3 dollar hooker.

Were you a drummer I was really impressed by, I'd say: "Mate, you've got great feel.

I know someone else with one that should get crackin on it.....Harv

Mate, what you do in the privacy of your home, is your business.  :innocent:

Edited by mpk

Thanks mate.

Well it is very hot here today. So not much modeling going on. I have put a light coat of Alclad black primer on the upper surfaces. I will soon wet and dry it a bit. Then add another light coat. Do the same with the underside and go from there. I installed the brass cannon. I had a little trouble with my hands with this job and am concerned they aren't right. But oh well. Let's just finish a model, right?

The next should be better.

Today's "work".

20170212_130734_zps0yvelhb4.jpg

20170212_130815_zpspp58ycad.jpg

going good looking forward to more

Mark

Cheers mate. I just did the upper in Alclad aircraft aluminium or something. It's hidden from dust now. I'll give it a rub in the morning. I figured it'd be good to try it on the area that gets the camo' first. :)

All going well I hope to complete it this week. Just as long as it doesn't get up to 42C like yesterday.

Edited by mpk

I put a coat of Aircraft aluminium on the George last night. It was good because it highlighted areas I'd missed that needed sanding. Strangely though there are flat looking areas in the metal finish. I am unsure what to do.

For example you can see the effect under the cockpit beneath the first panel line.

Any ideas why this happened and how to repair it?

Thanks guys. Dale

20170213_064208_zpsdy8szku4.jpg

Orange yellow sprayed on, ready to be masked in correct dimensions and shape.

20170213_152326_zpsc9nn3uuc.jpg

20170213_152552_zpszhdq73ek.jpg

All going well. I, then Martin notice a seam I missed.  :mental:  :mental:  :mental:  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:

20170213_152632_zpsdvoytvxg.jpg

Begin repairs.

20170214_000211_zpswwz5iwfy.jpg

Now I must use the other George to practice re-scribing. For some reason I was rushing yesterday. Brain went wonky. Today I have slowed myself right down.

20170214_115031_zps7btshthp.jpg

Edited by mpk