My modeling while insane "In progress" report. :)

mpk

grainy airbrushing...like a pebbly surface or spatter coming out the nozzle?

Pebbly surface could be spraying to far from the model and the paint is drying in flight

Spatter out the nozzle could be to thick of paint or to low of air pressure or a dirty tip

I had the same issue when applying metal finishes, Dale. That's not the AB's fault. I was advised to lower the pressure and spray about a inch from the model and this has helped, but I haven't perfected it well enough to advise you. The community will chime in. Once enclosed, you won't even notice the graininess of the engine.

I say move on with regards to wiring up the engine. There's momentum and this is really your first build in years? But it's all up to you -- it's what I would do.

grainy airbrushing...like a pebbly surface or spatter coming out the nozzle?

Pebbly surface could be spraying to far from the model and the paint is drying in flight

Spatter out the nozzle could be to thick of paint or to low of air pressure or a dirty tip

Okay, great. The graininess can be seen on the cowling.

I had the same issue when applying metal finishes, Dale. That's not the AB's fault. I was advised to lower the pressure and spray about a inch from the model and this has helped, but I haven't perfected it well enough to advise you. The community will chime in. Once enclosed, you won't even notice the graininess of the engine.

I say move on with regards to wiring up the engine. There's momentum and this is really your first build in years? But it's all up to you -- it's what I would do.

Oh I'm not blaming the tools. Thats like blaming drumsticks for poor technique.

Yes, first build since around 1997/98 I believe.

I am also looking at affordable cabinets. Not much to choose from really when it must be delivered to my residence.

Looking good Dale. I say add the wiring, I find I never regret farting around to add more detail ...

Jim

Cool. I'll wire up the engine.

Thanks guys. :)

Edited by mpk

Well this thread exists for a reason. Often the chemicals take over. 

I solved the Paasche problem as my mind returned. A lovely man at Hobby Tools Australia is going to look at it and repair it for me.

This is however the last day of the cycle. The following is not what I'd call correct. Having looked at the more complex actual wiring of this engine. The wire I chose is deliberately over scale. This is so I can see it later.

This is all I can do today. It's not much, but I did it. :)

I also note it was easy to take the engine apart because I forgot to remove the paint before gluing. :)

So it is a good thing I was motivated to do this. Thank you, Sir. ;)

20170210_132625_zpsopd1u7ot.jpg

My friend, for your first try at it, I think it looks great....Harv

Thanks mate. It was really just a challenge. I did it! I see this as a win. :D

wiring looks super, Dale.

Jim

You're both too kind. 

:)

Small step, big gain, Dale you are big motivation for me , your drive is simply inspiring . Thanks for sharing your insanity with us.

Cheers

M.

I am just happy to be here. To meet people such as yourself. Everyone. :)