My modeling while insane "In progress" report. :)

mpk

A lot to paint

looking forward to see the paint on those planes

good luck

Mark

Thanks mate. I have time.

Listen, I'd like to clear something up. Seeing as this is the insane thread I think I should do it here. It's going to be personal because there is a feeling that I somehow have an "angle" or agenda of some kind. E.G. my giving away models etc.

The organ in my head, the brain, has been severely damaged. I am not kidding. Anyone who has been around a cancer patient may understand the results of these facts, but not of the last set of facts.

I lived in hospital for 15 months. 15. That's a great deal of time for a cancer patient. Over the course of those 15 months I had 3 chemo treatments per week of the worlds strongest chemo.

That's 192 chemo treatments. Plus 34 additional treatments through lumbar puncture. 226 chemo treatments. Plus 6 treatments over 3 weeks until my remission ended after 3 weeks. 

232 chemo treatments all up. I've never seen its like.

Then when my body could not take anymore, after losing all feeling in my hands and feet, nerve damage in my forearms, liver damage and worst of all, brain damage, I was told I can never have chemo again.

Then a wonder drug came along. This drug was given through a trial. The cost of the drug was 25 thousand USD per week. A side effect of this drug is neurological damage. I was on this drug for 19 months. The first month I went totally insane. I was on this drug 7 months longer than any human alive. Many did not survive and I am considered a success story.

During this 19 months I spent two to three days per week in hospital.

I am not complaining. I should have died a long time ago. If my current remission ends, there's nothing to be done. And that's fine.

One major problem I have is falling. So far I've fallen 35 times. The last saw me lose 2 teeth.

So why am I giving models away? They're in my way. I cannot afford to fall over them. Falling is what destroyed the Bf 109 G6 I was building. I passed out while carrying it and landed on it.

I have no income. This week I bought some paints. I paid for them by selling a Brazilian drum known as a cuica. To play the cuica one must be able to feel the drum. I can no longer play this instrument. However it has gone to a good home. A dear friend runs the percussion department of a great music school here in Sydney. He had them take it off my hands.

There is a condition known as "chemo brain". It muddles the mind. Well I have an extreme case of this chemo brain. People who've had 10 treatments get it. I had over 200. Plus the mind altering experimental drug.

The models are in my way and let's face it, they're just stuff. Things. I cannot sell them due to the pressure that would place on me. My brain can't handle it. And for around 3 days per week I lose my mind a bit. I try to control it.... Add to this I have chronic pain.

Like I said, I am not complaining. These are facts. That is all.

I'm now retired hurt. I can never play drums at the level I once knew. I can't work a job. I'm stuck at home.

Modeling is therapy. It helps take my mind off the pain, it helps me learn to use my hands again and offers a challenge. All in all it's a good thing and my medical team supports it. It also seems to be the only activity I can concentrate on. I can no longer read like I did.

So that's it. No agenda, no angle. Just a man with brain damage trying to get through each day.

Like I said, I am not complaining. I'm extremely lucky to be alive.

Models are just stuff. I don't care about stuff.

I hope this helps to explain my position.

Thanks mate. I have time.

Listen, I'd like to clear something up. Seeing as this is the insane thread I think I should do it here. It's going to be personal because there is a feeling that I somehow have an "angle" or agenda of some kind. E.G. my giving away models etc.

The organ in my head, the brain, has been severely damaged. I am not kidding. Anyone who has been around a cancer patient may understand the results of these facts, but not of the last set of facts.

I lived in hospital for 15 months. 15. That's a great deal of time for a cancer patient. Over the course of those 15 months I had 3 chemo treatments per week of the worlds strongest chemo.

That's 192 chemo treatments. Plus 34 additional treatments through lumbar puncture. 226 chemo treatments. Plus 6 treatments over 3 weeks until my remission ended after 3 weeks. 

232 chemo treatments all up. I've never seen its like.

Then when my body could not take anymore, after losing all feeling in my hands and feet, nerve damage in my forearms, liver damage and worst of all, brain damage, I was told I can never have chemo again.

Then a wonder drug came along. This drug was given through a trial. The cost of the drug was 25 thousand USD per week. A side effect of this drug is neurological damage. I was on this drug for 19 months. The first month I went totally insane. I was on this drug 7 months longer than any human alive. Many did not survive and I am considered a success story.

During this 19 months I spent two to three days per week in hospital.

I am not complaining. I should have died a long time ago. If my current remission ends, there's nothing to be done. And that's fine.

One major problem I have is falling. So far I've fallen 35 times. The last saw me lose 2 teeth.

So why am I giving models away? They're in my way. I cannot afford to fall over them. Falling is what destroyed the Bf 109 G6 I was building. I passed out while carrying it and landed on it.

I have no income. This week I bought some paints. I paid for them by selling a Brazilian drum known as a cuica. To play the cuica one must be able to feel the drum. I can no longer play this instrument. However it has gone to a good home. A dear friend runs the percussion department of a great music school here in Sydney. He had them take it off my hands.

There is a condition known as "chemo brain". It muddles the mind. Well I have an extreme case of this chemo brain. People who've had 10 treatments get it. I had over 200. Plus the mind altering experimental drug.

The models are in my way and let's face it, they're just stuff. Things. I cannot sell them due to the pressure that would place on me. My brain can't handle it. And for around 3 days per week I lose my mind a bit. I try to control it.... Add to this I have chronic pain.

Like I said, I am not complaining. These are facts. That is all.

I'm now retired hurt. I can never play drums at the level I once knew. I can't work a job. I'm stuck at home.

Modeling is therapy. It helps take my mind off the pain, it helps me learn to use my hands again and offers a challenge. All in all it's a good thing and my medical team supports it. It also seems to be the only activity I can concentrate on. I can no longer read like I did.

So that's it. No agenda, no angle. Just a man with brain damage trying to get through each day.

Like I said, I am not complaining. I'm extremely lucky to be alive.

Models are just stuff. I don't care about stuff.

I hope this helps to explain my position.

Wow, Dale....That is some seriously hardcore sh*t...... But as far as calling yourself "insane", well, that is your right... I am choosing to call you "evolved".... By man or nature, you are evolved.

I am loving your work on these projects. I am particularly interested in a Raiden now......

Now! Go forth, conquer, and shoot some paint..... And please keep the updates coming!

AND DON'T ARGUE WITH LSP's VIKING!

Seriously good work, mate-

THOR    :ninja:

Geesh Dale...I've been busy lately, so I spend a few minutes here/there on this site, so I'm not really keeping up with everyone's builds at the moment! But I do make sure to look for your threads, but even that's becoming difficult....anyway, buddy carry on! Paint them babies when you're inclined to do so!

Mate your going to be busy with that Air Brush you'll now become the paint shop foreman. It's great that you have been able to make quality builds of so many subjects at the same time.

Guy

Thanks guys.

I spoke to a bass player friend earlier and told him how i was giving stuff away. He responded thusly: "mate over the past two weeks I've given away 40 things on Gumtree. Including a huge compressor. I need the space"

I don't think it's unusual.

To the guy who sent the PM. Mate I don't need it. This is just a place for me for some company. I either send the models away or they go in the f*cking bin.

Looks like that's where the Hood's going, sadly.

I've witnessed enough death and misery and lost too many friends over the last 3 years to worry about some idiot getting upset because someone else gives stuff away. Don't contact me again.

Cheers. Dale

Hi guys.

I've been doing a bit of modeling. I put the raiden engine together this morning.

This is to inform you I think something has gone wrong. I have booked into the hospital this Wednesday for tests.

I think it drove my outburst.

Wish me luck. 

Thanks for all your help. Dale

Good luck, Dale. Keep us in the loop, buddy.

Kev

It's so bad I am heading to hospital now.

Yes, please Dale......Harv

Will do, mate. :)

Good luck with the Wednesday tests.

BTW no need for apologies for the chemo brain. Happened to my brother. Quite familiar with it.

I'm kind of self conscious about it. :)

I hope your brother is okay.