Bill_S

Beaufighter 252 Squadron 1942

I always thought the Beaufighter a bit of an oddity; how many twin engines have the props forward of the nose?

Regardless, I'm going to give it a go. I started by attaching the inner wing uppers to the fuselage halves.

DSCN1217_1.jpg

For it's age, I got a decent fit with minimal gap. The real reason for doing it first is because of the cockpit floor...

DSCN1218_1.jpg

The kit cockpit floor level is much too high; in actuality, the floor is on the same level as the bottom of the wing.  The lower wing is taped in place here.

DSCN1219%5B1%5D.jpg

A floor support glued in place, then cut at the join between the fuselage and lower wing.

DSCN1220%5B1%5D.jpg

DSCN1220_1.jpg

DSCN1221%5B1%5D.jpg

Next up is to drill out cannon openings, cobble up some 20mm barrels, and cut the floor to fit.

Edited by Bill_S

OH BOY !! Love it Bill......Harv :popcorn:

cool, always liked the 'Beau

Have fun Bill! Love the Beau and can't wait to see what you do with it... :popcorn:

Hello,

Always liked the Beau,one of my favorites :).

Cheers

Boris

I've seen some stunning builds of this kit Bill, I'm sure yours will be amongst them.

Max

Just had a cup of tea in my favourite mug:

27e4d07f070caeb7876e4ecf09920f06_zpsdf6j

excellent choice - love the Beau!

The Grateful Dead. Black licorice. Bristol Beaufighter.

You either love them or hate them. I love black licorice, and I'll always be one of Jerry's kids. but I'm not a big fan of the Beaufighter.  Personally, I think it's rather homely - but it's in honor of Dan, so I'm going to build it.

Lots of prep work before the building can begin. I got the floor cut, and I'm going to fill in the opening for the wing.

DSCN1223_1.jpg

I'm going to have to figure out how to back up the wing fill before I can lay some putty down over it. The design of the kit is going to pose some challenges.

Edited by Bill_S