Tamiya F4U-1 Corsair as a FAA Corsair I, 5F JT 150.......FINISHED

monthebiff

On 5/6/2021 at 8:05 PM, JefH said:

Just catching up.  Love seeing kits built in slightly out of the ordinary schemes.

Jeff

Definitely Jeff, also coupled with a few modifications to the base kit as well  

Regards. Andy 

On 5/6/2021 at 8:30 PM, Anthony in NZ said:

Hi Andy, loving following along with this build, you are doing an awesome job.  Shame about the Brassin set as I have one of those to put in my RNZAF Corsair.... This is going to look brilliant all finished up and a nice change from blue ones!

Cheers Anthony

Hi Anthony,  I've revisted the Brassin set today and its definitely no go if you want the engine covers on, everything is slightly over size and so the fit is poor. The kit parts are just so good and I'm going with that!

Regards. Andy 

4 hours ago, Brett M said:

Looking good. 

What was the problem with the Brassin cowl?

The Brassin cowl is oversize and doesn't fit the engine properly and they engine covers sit proud of the rings when fitted due to the internal detail on them.

20210506_143113.jpg

I decided I didn't need the pain of trying to get a good fit and opted for the kit parts.

Regards.Andy 

On 5/11/2021 at 9:24 PM, Thunnus said:

Beautiful work on the paint job, Andy!  I'll have to remember adding clear gloss the next time I spray Tamiya flats.

It definitely works for me John and always happy with the way the Tamiya acrylics go down! My next step is to try your method of a chalk mix for the panel lines etc, its the  first time trying this so hopefullyI will get a good result. 

Regards.Andy 

• 1 year later...

So how time flies, its been a year since I last worked on the Corsair and after seeing it every day sat there with so little work needed I decided to have one last go and get it finished. I've started with a Flory Models wash and some sponge chipping on the wing roots.

20220531-215827.jpg

20220531-215835.jpg

20220531-215913.jpg

20220531-215920.jpg

Some more weathering needed and the last little bits and pieces finishing off but hopefully get this one finally finished over the upcoming Bank Holiday weekend!

Regards. Andy