1/32 Ki-61 Hasegawa FINISHED

Collin

Except for the resin exhausts, this is OOB. Great kit, fits well and if you are looking for a starter large scale model...this is a good one. Of course during the Summer months I'm not in the model room much...and the last 20% of the model making process took as long as the first 80%. What-if scheme from 244th squadron, gave me some practice with the airbrush. All the green is done freehand with a Badger SOTOR 20-20. Feel free to ask questions if you have any.

Cheers

Collin

DSCN7308.jpg

DSCN7306.jpg

DSCN7305.jpg

DSCN7300.jpg

DSCN7295.jpg

DSCN7294.jpg

DSCN7291.jpg

DSCN7288.jpg

DSCN7285.jpg

Looks good to me. For what it might be worth now, the cowl guns are staggered on the Ki-61. Also, did you by any chance use the Quickboost main landing gear doors? It sounds from your description that you did not?

Looks like you ended up with a much better fit of the wings than mine did. I'm quite sure now that I did something wrong.

Sure...no problem with publishing.

Typhoon: regarding the wing fit, I ended up cutting away/sanding some of the plastic wing spars that were part of the kit to ensure a good wing root fit. Seems to have done the trick. I did not use aftermarket landing gear doors...the kit ones seem fine to me.

A few more pics:

DSCN7331.jpg

DSCN7327.jpg

DSCN7310_1.jpg

DSCN7334.jpg

DSCN7328.jpg

DSCN7310.jpg

DSCN7318.jpg

DSCN7314.jpg

DSCN7313.jpg

DSCN7317.jpg

DSCN7302.jpg