Bitten by a Mosquito!

Wolf Buddee

This is the Sutton QK harness assembly that I used for my Mossie. I had to modify the harness for the navigators seat though as it doesn't have the extra strap assembly that runs behind the seat like the pilot does. I also used the kit harness anchors as they're different than what's supplied in the RB Production sets.

Hope that helps Al. I hope Radu won't mind me using the image below from his website. It's only to clearly show the harness assembly I used.

Cheers,

Wolf

SuttonQK_zpsmmsrfg3r.jpg

Edited by Wolf Buddee

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like the (unofficial) Tamiya Mossie group build has started to die on the vine so I thought I would step up and post some progress. I've been working on the machine guns and cannon assemblies lately and I am more and more impressed with this kit. The level of detail is astounding so the little bits extra I've been adding has been a really simple job. I am, however, still waiting for the BarracudaCast ammo chutes to be release as they'll have the ammunition rounds visible as opposed the kit's empty chutes.

I've deviated somewhat from Tamiya's painting instructions based on the photos I have and to make it visually a little more interesting. For instance the gun heating tubes for the cannons had the flexible sections painted with Model Master Metallizer Burnt Metal and the ends that attach to the duct and cannons were painted with Tamiya's Titanium Silver rather than Tamiya's color call out of plain ol' flat aluminum. As usual my washes were added using The Detailer liquids mixed 50/50 black and brown, a dollop of dishwashing liquid to break the surface tension and ease clean up, and thinned with distilled water.

Cheers,

Wolf

Mossie-Sting-1_zpsmmttxxx5.jpg

Mossie-Sting-2_zpsds31kuys.jpg

Mossie-Sting-3_zpszi1dp7xw.jpg

Mossie-Sting-4_zpsvsilhybd.jpg

Mossie-Sting-6_zpsqfsf3rh6.jpg

Mossie-Sting-5_zps3clfnwos.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Wolf

Bravo ... the level of detail and finesse is amazing. Always amazed at your eye and precise work.

Good to see some 'Hot machinery' as here on the Island its a balmy 17F and Sunday we're looking at a negative heat wave.. 2F.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Wow!.... i totally missed this build Wolf, but thankfully I have just come across it.

Agree with everyone else, as usual, just the nicest sharpest work you will ever see done on a model.

Absolutetly flawless!.... Look forward to seeing this one cone together.

Cheer's,

Jeff.