Bitten by a Mosquito!

Wolf Buddee

Thanks for all the kind comments folks.

I had some time this week to get back to the bench and I thought I would do something quick and simple. At least that was the plan. I decided I would tackle the nose cone for the Mossie, only 4 pieces to put together, three plastic bits and a photo-etch piece.

After looking at my reference photos I wound up adding some additional detail to the gun camera in the way of some thin styrene strips and a few of Archer's raised rivet decals. I also added the reinforcing strips to the inside of the nose cone and then more Archer rivet decals to represent the fasteners. With the gun camera mount glued in to place there were open slots that the mount fit in to that had to be filled so more bits of styrene had to be added and sanded to shape. I removed the moulded on nose position light and drilled a hole that will accept a new clear lens. Finally I added two small apertures to the outer MG tubes. I'm not sure what they're for but possibly they were in all my reference photos. I'm sure Anthony will know what they are.

Anyways on to the photos.........

Cheers,

Wolf

Nose-1_zpsfqemh72u.jpg

Nose-2_zpsjahkifus.jpg

Nose-4_zpsnc6pqdaa.jpg

Nose-3_zpstbzvwzh4.jpg

Masking is everything :), good stuff Wolf. Can you possibly make an apparent mistake (open seam-line, silvering decal or just a random blob of glue), so the rest of us can restore their mojo :) back to normal.

Cheers

M.

31688e3b6b286f14ec273662fcf147a7.jpg

Great pic Martin! I love a woman that can handle a spray gun! Judging by the amount of overspray on the tire, I'd say she wasn't all that good at masking though.  :whistle:

Cheers,

Wolf

What are you doing up at this ungodly hour?  Nicely done, Wolf.  Were the gun camera mount openings too large?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

I might ask the same Mark! It's even later, or earlier, depending on how you look at it, for you my friend.

Yeah, the mount openings were a little too big and also a little too deep so it really looked unfinished when the mount was glued in to place. Nothing too serious but I couldn't leave it as is. That's just me though......

Cheers,

Wolf

Guest Peterpools

Wolf

Holy Cow, Some incredible detail work...

BTW, I thought I was the only one up all hours of the night these days.

Looking mighty good

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Beautiful work Wolf! Just amazing. Just one thing, don't forget there is a wire that goes out to the lamp in the very tip of the nose and routes out through one of the lightening holes on the nose mounting ring.

I know I am being tough on you mate, but you are setting the bar on this one....very inspiring indeed!

I think from memory those two points you mention are the gun adjusters for bore sighting the outer machine guns...will have to check though.

Keep em coming!

Cheers

Anthony

Wolf, my friend Andy has come back with an explanation of those parts you were asking for....I will cut and paste his response here for you.

"The item in question

(pretty sure these are what he meant) is

actually a sprung loaded catch which essentially stops the browning gun

blast tube from falling out. The blast tubes are put in from the front

through the ports and are pushed up against a heavy spring that shoulders

against the browning gun breach/receiver. The spring catch engages at the

front end

of the last tube to lock it into place."

As I mentioned Andy works on these full time at Avspecs so he came through with the actual answer...thanks mate!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Wolf;

I have been following your build with enthusiasm as I have just picked up my kit yesterday (sorry folks, one less available).  Could I ask which RB Productions harness part number you obtained, I would like to put in an order myself...

Cheers

-Al