Bitten by a Mosquito!

Wolf Buddee

Well, I dont have anything more to add than what has already been said! Well done mate. I havent spent much time at the computer the last week or 2 as the weather has been so nice and I have been busy on the Auster.

What a great surprise to see what you have done.....now on to the bomb bay ole chap!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the kind words folks. Believe me, they help keep me motivated to move forward with this build. ADD is not a modeller's friend!

I decided to work on the main landing gear and tailwheel assemblies. The kit pieces are incredibly detailed but I though a little extra attention was warranted. The MLG tyres (tires for us North American folks) are a fantastic example of Tamiya's engineering. I had to show at least one pic with a section of tread before it's final installation. Cool eh? The one thing I haven't been able to figure out though is why Tamiya's instructions indicate not to glue the metal axle in place through the brake drum/wheel hub assembly? It's loose enough that if I tilt the assembly on to it's side the metal axle simply falls out. Even if it's glued the wheel assembly rotates to ensure the tyre sits on it's flat spot properly. Maybe someone whose gotten further along on their build can shed some light on this? 

Next step is to paint and weather these subassemblies and then on to another part of this kit.

Cheers,

Wolf

Mossie-gear-3_zpsxxp603f3.jpg

Mossie-gear-1_zpsh0nft92t.jpg

Mossie-gear-2_zps80t3y4ah.jpg

You know in that first pic I was wondering why on earth Tamiya detailed only one side of the tail wheel yoke. Then I realised they didn't at all...... How do you make the plastic look like you haven't touched it? I love that you can get the finish of even bare plastic up to such a high standard, even before you put paint on it! 

Me, I use paint to hide my mista.... I mean, work :)

Craig

I am curious how much time do you spend by editing photos Wolf? Great tutorial, fantastic photography, keep them coming.

Cheers

M.

This last update, I can tell you, about 3 1/2 hours getting the editing program to work and about 10 minutes doing the actual editing. I was not a happy camper! Good thing we had a birthday celebration for Chris' wife, Michelle to change my mood. Had they showed up 5 minutes later they might have found the computer in pieces laying on the front lawn.

Cheers,

Wolf