Bitten by a Mosquito!

Wolf Buddee

Thanks Kev, I'm startin' to play around with and develop some more aggressive weathering techniques. Not my strong suit so I'm glad the bombs turned out they way they did.

Cheers,

Wolf

I hear ya. It's something I've been trying to develop lately too. I'd say you've conquered it, mate!

Kev

The reason for this is the fin assemblies are stored separately and are mostly new. Before taking to aircraft for loading, the fins are installed. Thus the color variation . Good looking out Martin......Harv :popcorn:

Thanks for those pics Martin! I was actually going for that very effect although in the end I didn't create enough of a contrast in the colours. The chunky stabilizers were kept much cleaner that the rest of the bomb and they were dry brushed a slightly lighter green. It doesn't show in the photos as well as to the naked eye.

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

The reason for this is the fin assemblies are stored separately and are mostly new. Before taking to aircraft for loading, the fins are installed. Thus the color variation . Good looking out Martin......Harv :popcorn:

Exactly Harv and a great find on the pics by Martin. You'll have to use that reference when you do your Mossie?

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf..

PHENOMENAL work ..Jaw dropping and eyes widening kinda build..

Thank you...

:bow:

{Martin's motivational pics are a delight too.. thanks buddy }..

:clap2:

Thanks for checkin' in Maru, always a pleasure hearing from you!

Cheers,

Wolf

Awesome replication of the real deal Wolf.  We'll get you to dirty up a model yet!

Thanks Chuck. I'm learnin', not always quick but I'm learnin'...............:)

Tomorrow I'm going to through some paint on the landing gear assemblies and see if I can't dirty up them tyres a bit too.

Cheers,

Wolf

An interesting note I should make with regards to the bomb positions as supplied in the kit. When looking at Martins pics the bomb lifting rings should be oriented up, not down, as indicated in Tamiya's instructions. You need to fill the mounting hole in the bomb case and drill a new one exactly opposite the original one. If you're using the wing bomb racks you'll have to shave off the lifting rings as well. Not a big deal but I should have figured it out beforehand. It should have been completely obvious to me considering how the bombs were hoisted up.

Just a heads up to those not having gotten that far with their build yet. Yet another reason to be thankful for Martin's picture posting! :)

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee