New 1/32 F-4K/M (FG.1/FGR.2) Phantom kit announced by HKM

Derek B

Nice photo Radders.

I've never noticed that large blade aerial on the spine before, but looking through my refs, it appears on some, but not all, 1435 Flt. Phantoms, from about 1988 onwards.

Edited by Chek

Does anyone have a good side-on photo of the periscope fitted between the front and aft canopies?  I've not found a lot of photos of it at all, but those I have are all taken from odd angles.  I'm trying to figure out what it looks like in side view.

Taken at RAF Hendon a few years ago. Might have a sharper outside side-on view on a 35mm tx somewhere. For now...

Inside

RearcockpitFGR2.jpg

Outside

TargetIDdevice.jpg

Tony

Just observing from the nice photos posted here that the British types appear to have a higher sloping top to the intakes, not just wider. I know the regular type F-4 has some slope, but seems the spey type has more. 

We agree, we are trying to define just what that is!

Barry

Great photos Tony.

However when I was sorting through the pics to send to Jennings, there appears to be at least two styles of periscope: the triangular shaped casing for the prism as you've shown, and a cube shaped one as fitted to XV399 foe example. I've never noticed that before because I've always gone for the regular clear panel (perhaps over-reacting against Airfix's simplified solid version from way back when). Hopefully a linked image or two should appear below.

XV.399.j.13.01.2007.back.jpg

XV.399.n.13.01.2007..jpg

Phasephantomphixer - yes, the intake 'shoulder rises in a smooth curve all the way back to the transport joint behind 

the rear cockpit making the intake outer cowling shell not only wider but deeper. I posted photos a while back, or maybe on Derek's original poll thread. But here's another one. Note that the intake tunnel itself isn't quite so deep in the second pic

XV.399.a.in%20England.jpg 

XV.399.a.%20in%20England..jpg

Edited by Chek

Or you can hold off and get the fündekals sheets that will be designed specifically to fit the HK kit.  And they'll include a lot more than 11 aircraft for a LOT less than $70, that I can guarantee you.   :)

Problem will be deciding which scheme to go with the FGR.2...  :hmmm:

Problem will be deciding which scheme to go with the FGR.2...  :hmmm:

one of these:

http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/details/ce/detail_wha32001.shtml

hoping HKM or some other aftermarket brand (Zotz?) will be pushing out a HUGE decal sheet with all those subjects depicted in!

Do anyone have a link to the decalsheet klaus released with his F-4 conversion?

above.

wha32001_decals1.jpg

wha32001_decals2.jpg

wha32001_decals3.jpg

wha32001_decals4.jpg

wha32001_decals5.jpg

wha32001_decals6.jpg

wha32001_decals7.jpg

wha32001_decals8.jpg

wha32001_decals9.jpg

Edited by Luca