Academy F/A-18D Hornet

Finally finished 9 years after I bought the model and at least 6 years after I started it!

Academy Hornet

Blackbox cockpit

Aires front U/C bay

Airs GBU bombs

Zacto sidewinders

Lots of Eduard etch

SAC metal U/C

Aires exhausts (undersized)

Gunze Sangyo for all airbrushed paint, vallejo for cockpit and detail, MIG oils for weathering

2H Pencil for panel lines

Full WIP is here:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=27537?st=0

I made a LOT of mistakes but also learnt a lot on my first 1/32nd jet. I will pin all weapons next time for a start and do the windscreen and canopy ASAP. Many of the problems where just due to my inability to focus and complete the model. Therefore it lay around and got knocked around.

This is my second completion this years (after a Trumpeter F-106) and I would not let myself move on until I had finished these 2 models. Next stop 1/72nd CMR Buccaneer (I am a huge Buccaneer fan and as some of you may know the lucky, privileging owner of Buccaneer XX894 as well as a member of the amazing Buccaneer Aviation Group).

DSC09598_zpsbhy2rppt.jpg

DSC09556_zps4m1llzxj.jpg

DSC09590_zpsmkpxuvtl.jpg

DSC09550_zps7dtzuabu.jpg

DSC09612_zpsrm6nyzj0.jpg

DSC09611_zps52dqbug8.jpg

DSC09556_zps4m1llzxj.jpg

Edited by crobinsonh

Very well built model! However, the seats & vents forward of the front landing gear are incorrect for that particular jet. Also, the GPS dome is missing on the spine. 

I realised that after I started building the jet but just went with the flow in the end.