How to destroy an expensive kit with just a few cuts - or: Prowler&#33

Starfighter

Whilst the photos are more than crappy, I'd like to show you my handmade front wheel hubs. I consider these being a success and I'd use them right away (need to cast a copy first, though), but I'll wait for the 3D printed parts and decide which look better.

Unpainted (looks like the hub is off-center, but that's be cause I didn't take the pic directly from top)

IMG_7457a.jpg

And another one (even more out of focus) with a coat of wet primer:

IMG_7458a.jpg

And to show you the difference, that's how the Trumpeter wheels look - the new wheels are quite an improvement, me thinks.

trump02249_31.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Peter, I've seen your update a few days ago - looks great! I have made quite some progress during the Christmas holidays as well; the problem is that I can no longer upload photos to Photobucket from my work computer and I currently don't have the possibility to resize or crop my images at home. I'll do that here at work during the break and upload them when I am back home. In the meantime, you can check out the link in my signature, there mayy be a few pics I haven't posted here yet.

Thanks, Peter! I'll upload a few pics showing this area within the next few days. I hope to get some bench time today... my problem is that I need to start painting some of the cockpit areas before I can make the next big steps. But first, I have to finish my paint booth and have my compressor oil changed. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have finally solved my Photobucket (i.e. fire wall) issues, so I will try to catch up a little. I have made some progress during the Christmas holidays - the following pics hopefully give you an idea of what I have done during the last few weeks. I will do my best to update the thread on a regular basis again from now on! :)

Rear cockpit bottoned up; rivets are from Micor Mark.

IMG_7474a.jpg

IMG_7481a.jpg

The most complex area of the entire cockpit - not very complex yet.

IMG_7482.jpg

Some basic structures make it look a little more busy!

IMG_7586a.jpg

Side structures, more rivetes (the smaller ones are from Archer) & circuit brakers. 

IMG_7610a.jpg