Tamiya DH Mosquito FB VI- Stickers! Err, decals.

BloorwestSiR

Hurry up with those pics please Carl! :)

I've brush painted the MrColor metallics before but never airbrushed them. How durable do you find them?

My experience is that the surface is fragile unless sealed but they then lose the realistic metal look. I wonder if airbrushing helps with that?

Cheers.

More...

IMG_20150819_231111.jpg

IMG_20150819_231538.jpg

I then attached the cannon to the mount. Tamiya includes a couple of PE jigs to evenly space the barrels apart.

IMG_20150819_225359.jpg

IMG_20150819_225345.jpg

And after a quick test fit into the ventral bay:

IMG_20150819_231309.jpg

IMG_20150819_231324.jpg

With the gun troughs in place:

IMG_20150819_231523.jpg

It's not glued in yet but the fit seems fine to me.

IMG_20150819_231427.jpg

Hurry up with those pics please Carl! :)

I've brush painted the MrColor metallics before but never airbrushed them. How durable do you find them?

My experience is that the surface is fragile unless sealed but they then lose the realistic metal look. I wonder if airbrushing helps with that?

Cheers.

I'm working as fast as I can :)

Airbrushing the Mr Metal Color has been fine. I thin it about 50% with Mr Colour Leveling thinner. It still runs off a bit but it doesnt seem too. I've used flat clear to seal it and the fish didn't seem to change.

Carl

Edited by BloorwestSiR

Hi Carl, lovely work on both the Mossies, thanks for the heads-up re the Aviology decals by the way, it's great to see the progress you're making. The detail on the Tamiya kit is unbelievable and you're doing a great job making it shine.

The shop I work at will have the Tamiya kit very shortly, (I'm trying to persuade them to get the HK kit in as well) I've got some financial priorities to sort out but I'm seriously considering getting one of the Tamiya Mossies put away for myself. Looks like I went from, "Oh, that's nice" to "I've GOT to have one!" after reading your WIP.

Well done and, again, many thanks, David.

C'mon David....Get that 24th beast out!!!

Yep, loving this build as well.

It'll be coming home with me tomorrow Anthony! I've just been reading your WIP and I have to say that you've really gone to town on your Mossie, inspiring hardly even begins to describe it, kinda wish I'd read this before starting mine.

P.S. I'm very happy you like the lights I made.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the comments. I've not had much time at the workbench over the past week. When I have, for some reason I've picked up and worked on other kits.

I added the remaining heating pipes for the cannon and basically finished off the ventral bay.

IMG_20150820_142124.jpg

IMG_20150820_142134.jpg

IMG_20150820_142144.jpg

I then masked off the bay so I could airbrush the medium sea grey on fore and aft of the bay. The hope is that this way it'll reduce any chance of overspray and make the masking easier.

IMG_20150822_224335.jpg

At the same time, I did the flaps and the tail wheel surround.

IMG_20150822_224353.jpg

IMG_20150822_231439.jpg