Tamiya DH Mosquito FB VI- Stickers! Err, decals.

BloorwestSiR

Great stuff, looking forward to seeing them completed.got abit of tool-envy looking at your bench aswell....

Thanks Zak! The tools aren't that expensive. I usually get one or two at a time when I order from HLJ. There is such a huge variety of tools on their website. Check out Wave,GSI, and Tamiya makes a bunch too.

As for tool envy, I really want this for my bike tool box but it's a tough one to justify beyond the Ti bit:

http://www.abbeybiketools.com/collections/best-sellers/products/team-issue-hammer

Mmm, love grey metal.

Really fine work Carl! Maybe I missed it, but have you decided schemes for both Mossies yet?

Thanks Brian. The FB VI will be in the ad hoc Coastal Command camo seen on 404Sqn Mossies. I'll be using the Aviaeology decal sheet. The B IV will be Grim Reaper from the Eagle Editions decal sheet. This is dark earth/dark green over black. I don't have anything in either camo scheme so they should stand out nicely.

Carl

Thanks gents!

My workbench officially got really crowded today. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

I finished the radio shelf that is above the centre wing section behind the cockpit.

IMG_20150814_202346.jpg

With that done, I was able to attach the main wing to the fuselage. I'm skipping a couple of steps here as the instructions have you attach both nacelles before attaching the wing. I figure by leaving them off for now, they're less likely to get in the way and it'll be a bit easier to paint them. I hope.

IMG_20150814_204423.jpg

There is a small screw in the centre of the wing to hold it tightly to the fuselage. This helps give a nice tight fit that won't need any filler.

IMG_20150814_204435.jpg

From the underside:

IMG_20150814_204458.jpg

So if that didn't make my workbench a bit tight for room, I reached the same point on my HK build.

IMG_20150815_001405.jpg

Now I can more readily imagine what Ernie's workbench must look like with his pair of WWI bombers on it :P

Carl

Edited by BloorwestSiR

Awesome work on this Carl!  Been away from the desk and computer for a few months, so missed your progress so far. This Tamiya kit looks like an absolute beauty, and you're doing us all a real service by building both kits at the same time.  Thanks for doing this

Matt  :frantic:

Thanks HÃ¥kan and Matt!

Small bit of progress tonight. I painted the heater ducts, ammo feed chutes for the 20mm cannon and the bomb rack support. These were all done with Mr Metal Color aluminium.

IMG_20150818_145214.jpg

Next was the prop blades and bomb racks themselves. These were fine in semi gloss black.

IMG_20150818_145225.jpg

IMG_20150819_004859.jpg

After getting back from The Man from UNCLE, I couldn't help myself and glued the nacelles on.

IMG_20150819_003945.jpg

I'll have to get more pics later.

Carl