1/32 Bristol Blenheim

onosendai

I totally agree with Kagemusha, I think we need to keep the faith with Benoit. Whilst lively discussion is healthy we must never get to a point where he thinks the hassle isn't worth it if he's not getting support from the people he's doing this for. At the end of the day, £38 is what we'd pay for an overpriced Hasegawa kit so its not the end of the world. If you'd but a '1' in front of the figure then I might be feeling more concerned but those who have subscribed to this have weighed up the investment against the risk. So far we haven't invested very much and we should all be prepared to write it off. I'd rather be optomistic and believe that Benoit will succed and we'll all be the better off for it if, and when, he does. Thank goodness we have people with grand ideas.

Jack,

Robert Karr used the Revell Beaufighter to build a Mk I Blenheim in Finnish colours, that topic should still be found here at LSP.

I am very much interesed in a Blenheim and I don't mind to wait any time but I do want to see even just one pic of what Benoit

is capable of. I really hope the Blenheim becomes a reality.

Cees

Edited by Cees Broere

• 4 weeks later...

Hadn't seen anything on this for a while ...

So I had a look at the web page ... Subscriptions closed (though how many collected, I don't know)

Forecast has been pushed back now - to March 2016. Still no other news posted since previous announcements mentioned above.

Anyone know anything further?

Rog :)

I e-mailed Benoit and he confirmed as much. I think the issues were the same - quality issues with subcontractors. I'm taking the view that my financial to date is pretty small. I hope that the time until March will give Benoit time to get all his ducks in line but if the worse came to the worst, well I would put it down to experience. I don't intend to put pressure on him though, he started this with the right intentions and I don't think he needs kicking. I still want a 1/32 Blenheim - of some sort!

Excellent opportunity to exercise some patience. As I have been patient this long (been building for close to 20 years now) waiting for a 1/32 Blenheim, I sure can wait a little longer. I know all of us aren't looking at an empty stash space waiting for that Blenheim to show up. Plenty to keep my fingers busy until then :-)

- Dennis S.

Westminster, CO USA

Well I sort of agree with you guys BUT, I think he would get more customers and there would be more belief if there were some images of some sort. 

Some parts / patterns must be made by now, I have not invested but just may if I could see something a little more substantial than just words. I think other would feel the same way. 

Do not forget I know all about pattern making and casting and running a business but what I have seen and heard so far I am a little more on the sceptical side, with no actual proof of any sort being shown for almost 6 months as far as I know.

I hope it works out all round and that it is a success, but let us see some evidence?

Ali

As it's a PayPal financed project, there is no financial risk at all, just a risk that the project may not mature as intended.

Personally, I've nothing but admiration for Benoit. It takes real balls to do what he's done.

He could lose money, he's lost tons of time and his reputation may take a bit of a battering in some peoples eyes, to say nothing of the possible effect upon him, his family & his job.

He's the one who is the most stressed, worked and possibly upset by the project - the rest of us lose nothing, other than having to wait a little longer either for this kit or a mainstream manufacturer to inevitably offer a new tooled kit. I doubt very much if any of us are sat at the workbench, twiddling thumbs with no other kits to start - we simply get stuck into something else. I also expect that the kit, if & when it arrives, will simply go into the stash of most people & will take some time to come back out.

So relax and spare a thought for poor Benoit.

• 2 months later...

Well guys, it's now 2016 and no word.

Like everyone else I was prepared to risk my cash and went in with my eyes open and I get that a project of this nature can throw up unexpected curve balls but......

THE COMPLETE LACK OF UPDATES/FEEDBACK IS A DISGRACE!!

Even a short post explaining whats happening would be a courtesy to all of us that showed faith in this project.

Rant over

I have an entire carrier of examples of customers given credit then coming up with countless excuses and promises of payment that never materializes and eventually go completely silent.  

This may not be a simular case but agree that regular updates are in order if your holding investors money.

Here is an article that takes the Beau to a Blenheim- http://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=768

Edit- OK, maybe my remembernator isn't working as it should, but I thought there was more Beau in this build than there apparently is-it looks like he used the wings, not much more- Still, if you want one, this is how to do it

Edited by Lee White

I e-mailed Benoit yesterday and received an imediate reply so I thought I'd share it with you:-

"Yes, everything is on track now and in the worst case, there will be full refund. I am quite busy with this project, regular work and my family, sorry if communication is not good as it should be.

Benoit"

As far as I'm concerned then I will keep the faith and carry on giving him space. He's a regular guy like you and I and its a hell of a job so I just hope he succeeds and then we'll all be the better for it.

Simon

• 1 month later...

As we know that March is the month we are all waiting for then a couple of nights back I PM'd Benoit to see how the land lay. He replied to me today as follows:-

"Hi, Sorry for the delay to answer, I am coming back from a 3 days holidays.I am still finalizing the prototype and will offer full refund option within a next email. I have around 15-20 days of additional delay, mainly because of unplanned workload at my regular job 

Production is slow (working with a local startup) and shipping will be done over two months (but the kit will be available and no more virtual)."

Now Benoit's English is far better than my French but I am taking the view that he has been delayed in completing the prototyping by around 3 weeks because, like the rest of us, his family and 'day job' take priority. That being said, when he has products to ship then it will take a couple of months for everyone to receive their order.

Personally, I feel as though we are moving towards the end game so I am going to keep my nerve and hope for the best. If anyone is unsure then Benoit is prepared to give you your deposit back but I'd rather be positive !!

I just PM'd Benoit on LSP so I'm sure he will be happy to reply to you if you want more clarification directly - or can speak/type fluent French and then you may get a better feel for the position !!

Simon