HPH Me410 (B2/U2/R3 variant) - Finished!

Wouter

For the next step I was inspired by this picture:

z4xj09O.jpg

I want to use the different shades of aluminium as the real base for my camouflage. For this step I used Alclad II Duraluminium (ALC 102), Mr. paint White aluminium (MRP-9), Anodized aluminium (MRP-81) and Dark aluminium (MRP-146). The colors were sprayed on the the panels allowing the black base to shine through and thus creating a form of pre-shading. The result looks pretty harrowing, but this is just a step in the path to a vibrant, and hopefully subtle, paint job.

o0ZO4SB.jpg

q2eaRUF.jpg

YT1sTwC.jpg

49uDdKc.jpg

A few steps in the painting process. Started with RLM 76 on the underside and sides. Post shaded with RLM 65 and RAF sky (hard to see in the pictures).

Next step RLM 75 on the wings, stabalizer and top fuselage. This was then masked in the appropriate scheme with RLM 74. 

For some variation I left the rudder aluminium as if it was hastely replaced. If have some reference from a few ME410's outfitted this way. Last but not least the yellow fuselage band was masked and painted.

To be honest, I'm not really satisfied. The painting step with the aluminium shades didn't do much for the current look and was a waist of time. Besides that I'm not really happy with the colors RLM75 and 74. I think they are a pretty good match with the real thing, but it turns out pretty dark on the model. There's little contrast. I'm thinking about to possibilities: repaint or adjust with weathering. What do you guys think? I'm open for suggestions.

IJTiP0l.jpg

vpzWklz.jpg

NBnyVbx.jpg

aUiwUzp.jpg

FuDsQOF.jpg

rZlWTKg.jpg

CCO6pro.jpg

ZGHnrZm.jpg

5l43T2v.jpg