S-3B Viking - scratchbuilt

Starfighter

Ben,

The Hoover looks great and is coming together fast at this point.

Are the raised rivets from Archers Fine Transfers? Or MicroMark? They look terrific! Do you find that the decal carrier film disappears under a coat or two of paint? I would think so, especially as they look to be trimmed closely to the edge.

Keep up the outstanding work. I can't wait to see more!

Rich

Thanks Rich! The rivets are from Micro Mark. They are a tad bigger than the Archer ones. Most fo the carrier film diappears under a coat of paint. As I am using Mr Paint paints which are extremely thin, the carrier film remains slightly visible. I will try to carefull sand away the minor steps caused by the carrier film. If you are using thicker paint or apply a coar of primer on top of the decals, the film should disappear completely. 

Oh... and those raised formation strip lights on the vertical stab look really nice. The perimeter fasteners are so evenly spaced and neat!

Love it!

The slime lights were cut from 0,25mm plastic sheet; I made a scale drawing including the (evenly spaced) fasteners. I just glued the drawing onto the plastic sheet, punched through the fasteners and then cut out the slime lights. 

Did you have the parts for the elevator laser cut? They look very neat.

Cheers

Rainer

Yes, the elevator parts are laser cut. The idea is to make it available as a kit; I also made padeyes with open bottom for it which are already available in my Shapeways Shop. 

I somehow felt the need for some masking.

img_30483csf6.jpg

img_30499rs15.jpg

I hope to get a reply from my decal and mask suppliers soon - the lightnings weren't too difficult to cut by hand but some other elements will be much harder or even imposible to cut by hand. I wish I had a cutting plotter myself...

Ben, absolutely beautiful, almost forgot to check in on this from time to time.

And i'll probably won't make it to Mol, since at the same day the Sanicole airshow is taking place and have plans for that already, but as alread said by others i also am anxious to see this project of yours in real time.......

have fun,

Jack.

Hi Cees, 

what a shame we didn't meet! I didn't spend a lot of time at the stand as some olf friens of mine which I hadn't seen in years were at the show and I spent the better part of the day running around with them. Would be great to meet you next time - maybe in Putte? 

The support struts are the final ones; I will spice them up a bit and once painted red, I hope they'll look the part.