Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

2 hours ago, LSP_Ron said:

I don't know what I was thinking but it was a good price, this kit arrived today. (image borrowed off the internet)

What do you consider a good price? The best I've ever seen, is about $150, which isn't really all that bad.

2 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

What do you consider a good price? The best I've ever seen, is about $150, which isn't really all that bad.

41 minutes ago, LSP_Ron said:

$153 at my door

I was lucky - MPK sent me his for the cost of postage! It's a bit battered, but has most of the aircraft accessory kits included - $15 all up. So a rare win for me!

Kev

11 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I was lucky - MPK sent me his for the cost of postage! It's a bit battered, but has most of the aircraft accessory kits included - $15 all up. So a rare win for me!

Kev

Good on you, Kev, that's an outstanding value you got there. (I sent him a PM regarding the same kit, but he never responded.)

Ok ... so this stuff arrived a couple of weeks ago ... 

Unfortunately at about the same time ... or maybe a few days earlier ... I had a couple of software updates ...

They usually go off without a hitch ... but this time with the Catalina update and the iOS 13 one - something went wrong with photo sync.

Good thing about the internet is ... you just type the issue into Google and find out that everyone else has the same problem ...

There's still an issue with the new "Music" app ... it switches off the equaliser/pre-amp after every track ... but at least I can download the photos off my phone now!

A LARGE box arrived from Frontline with some goodies for RAAF builds:

Ib5oNA7.jpg

With large kit boxes inside ...

RNi67ta.jpg

An EA.18G ...

P6wu0I3.jpg

A couple of F/A.18A's

RPw60rW.jpg

With Australian Markings included ...

cbuLmX8.jpg

The pilot is damned Collingwood supporter!!!

vrrMytN.jpg

And an F.35 model ... of which we're getting the real deal here someday.

EwqoKWh.jpg

And meanwhile this came from Metro's ...

PSLMuMR.jpg

cleverly disguised with the wrong box art for the ad ...

RDqH6Gi.jpg

That makes Just 2 SWS kits short of the entire 1/32 collection now ... The Navy Spad ... and the Do.335A-12

Rog :)

A few years ago when I moved, I managed to lose all three of my beloved 1:6 scale vinyl Horizon figure kits, and have been intending to eventually replace all three. To that end, I just snatched this off feebay, for the princely sum of $10 plus shipping. I’m a very happy guy. Just two more to go now.

hJnmza.jpg

Got 

On 10/30/2019 at 1:59 PM, coogrfan said:

Two more goodies for the Airfix 1/24 Hellcat: Aerocraft brass undercarriage set and resin tyres.

Jr8zmyU.jpgrWBKKjW.jpg5G34JT6.jpg

Received my beautiful set of replacement gear today also from Aerocraft for my Hellcat plus a set for a Phantom as well!

Really stoked on the quality of the brass and resin.

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

A few years ago when I moved, I managed to lose all three of my beloved 1:6 scale vinyl Horizon figure kits, and have been intending to eventually replace all three. To that end, I just snatched this off feebay, for the princely sum of $10 plus shipping. I’m a very happy guy. Just two more to go now.

hJnmza.jpg

Not a cheap recast, I hope! Looks great, though; would love to find one myself.

Kev

2 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Not a cheap recast, I hope! Looks great, though; would love to find one myself.

Kev

Nope, not as far as I can tell, Kev. It has Horizon 1993 stamped in the bottom of the foot, and is definitely vinyl. It was missing the vac cape, but I never cared for the way it was sculpted anyway, so just may make my own for it, or leave it off altogether.

On 10/25/2019 at 4:36 AM, Artful69 said:

Ok ... so this stuff arrived a couple of weeks ago ... 

Unfortunately at about the same time ... or maybe a few days earlier ... I had a couple of software updates ...

They usually go off without a hitch ... but this time with the Catalina update and the iOS 13 one - something went wrong with photo sync.

Good thing about the internet is ... you just type the issue into Google and find out that everyone else has the same problem ...

There's still an issue with the new "Music" app ... it switches off the equaliser/pre-amp after every track ... but at least I can download the photos off my phone now!

A LARGE box arrived from Frontline with some goodies for RAAF builds:

With large kit boxes inside ...

An EA.18G ...

A couple of F/A.18A's

With Australian Markings included ...

The pilot is damned Collingwood supporter!!!

And an F.35 model ... of which we're getting the real deal here someday.

And meanwhile this came from Metro's ...

cleverly disguised with the wrong box art for the ad ...

That makes Just 2 SWS kits short of the entire 1/32 collection now ... The Navy Spad ... and the Do.335A-12

Rog :)

another huge box delivery, man your stash must be huge

17 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Nope, not as far as I can tell, Kev. It has Horizon 1993 stamped in the bottom of the foot, and is definitely vinyl. It was missing the vac cape, but I never cared for the way it was sculpted anyway, so just may make my own for it, or leave it off altogether.

I only mention it because I inadvertently did so with a RoboCop figure a few years ago. I bought it off eBay from a seller in Malaysia, and it turned out to be an unauthorised copy of the Huia kit. When I was finally able to track down an original kit (managed to find two of them in the end), the poor quality of the knock-off became apparent. Not only were the details softer and distorted in places, but it was also noticeably smaller than the original! Sadly I also bought a Predator figure from the same source before I realised they weren't legit. Still haven't been able to track down an original of that one.

Kev