Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Ok so ... a couple more packages arrived during the last couple of weeks ...

I was forced to abandon any real modelling work for about 3 years ... the stash room just became storage ...

But now I'm gearing up again :)

First I grabbed an airbrush spray booth ...

672pGDZ.jpg

and then this box arrived the next day ...

yhUgBni.jpg

Containing a new LED driven magnification lamp, with some interchangeable lenses 3, 5 and 8 diopter and optional wheel stand :)...

2iXzyu4.jpg

BfswJON.jpg

ZC6cDge.jpg

Along with a few tools ... I only bought this knife set because it was cheap and had the small Vernier ... I'll get a proper steel one later

4J2BGIa.jpg

pUBkgEB.jpg

YppYjsn.jpg

Then - a few days later - 3 packages arrive ...

L7mtJGM.jpg

My new airbrush compressor with tank ... along with a couple of cheap airbrushes.

I have a Paasche V/L ... so I want to see how these compare ... but basically I wanted separate airbrushes - a lightweight one with a 0.2mm needle, a versatile one with 0.3mm - 0.5mm and gun with 0.8mm ... I haven't got the gun type yet ... but the Paasche has an 0.8mm suction action and some big a$$ jars ... ready for a couple of 4 engined heavies.

GgbIeqZ.jpg

fDjqUg1.jpg

snluVs4.jpg

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

And now ... we get to the GOOD story.

Every now and then ... you come across one of those bargains ...

Where the seller either doesn't know the value of what he/she has ... or really just doesn't give a rats.

... And for whatever reason - No-one else has seen it!

Well ... every week or two I jump onto e-Bay and run a couple of searches ... 

Sometimes for kits or other stuff I'd like ... sometimes to see what some of my rarer kits will sell for ... other times looking for Classics books.

For the last little while I've been monitoring several sellers with the Me.262 4 Volume set. Going rate is about $800-$1000 AUD plus postage.

A couple have sold ... and a couple more sellers have listed theirs.

Bear in mind ... these values are in AUD ... not USD.

Then ... about 2 weeks ago I saw an auction lot on e-Bay ...

The ad reads: "Assorted books on the Messerschmitt Me.262"

The thumbnail picture shows a bundle of books - and there, buried at the bottom ... are the 4 Volumes of the Classics Pubs set!!

1ycCMPu.jpg

No bids ... at opening $250 ... The seller is based near Sydney ...

Listed as "Collection only" with less than 4 days to go ...

I'm thinking ... it can't hurt to ask, right? ... So why is he not offering postage? ...

Well - all of these books will add up to - like 9Kg - which will make postage costs HUGE! ... Calculated at about $36!!!

Oh really? ... well ... If your prepared to pack 'em each individually in double bubble wrap and send a sturdy box to Perth ... I'm in for the cost.

You only have to send the 4 Classics books too ... 

I was really hoping to move the lot though, he says ... no worries - What will you accept?

Well if I can just get the starting bid I'll be happy!

Tell you what, I said ... How about I give you $300 exact ... you can keep the additional books and resell if you want ... and if the postage costs you less than $50 by the time you've packed everything you've made more than your original $250 asking.

Deal!! ... But I'm sending you the lot ... Well ... okay then ... if you must :rolleyes:

So today this arrived:

meNthe3.jpg

FfVEIvi.jpg

Q5RyJcr.jpg

8OBhemy.jpg

H6RyOhL.jpg

bXIhZ6D.jpg

CY2WiT5.jpg

EC88MYb.jpg

1jNZ2bP.jpg

And now ... they are happy sitting with the rest of the family :)

sU3k2cI.jpg

Happily ever after ...

Edited by Artful69

2 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Excellent, Rog. I need to add the Aero Detail book on the Me 262 to my stash too, it's one of a few that I'm still missing.

Well ... I'm not a collector of these ones ... I was after the Classics books ... the rest are stocking filler as far as I'm concerned.

I'll have a flick through if it comes recommended though!! ... If I can't see any use for it I'll be open to a re-sale ;)

2 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Those 262 books are a massive score, Rog! I'm definitely jealous!

Kev

I couldn't believe it either ... I had to look twice and read the entire listing with all supplied photo's 1st ... AND they're all in pristine condition!! ... 

I had a slight panic when I saw that he had sleeved the dust jackets in plastic - after I'd bought the lot ... but it's been professionally done in a vey thin, malleable non-stick type.

I could remove it easily ... but there's not really any point.

3 hours ago, Artful69 said:

I'll have a flick through if it comes recommended though!! ... If I can't see any use for it I'll be open to a re-sale ;)

I'd rather unhesitatingly recommend almost any of the Aero Detail series, Rog, though some have become somewhat dated over the years.

Ok ... so ... back to models ...

Today a LARGE parcel arrived from Model Hobbies in UK ...

O6UNBxu.jpg

With a few kits inside :D

First ... The rather decent Fw-190 ... "Sturmbock" edition ... I didn't get the Hasegawa version of this so it's the only Sturmbock in the stash.

nLh2RjQ.jpg

Then the (apparently) "better-than-Trumpeter" Me.262A ... we'll see ...

COKaxf3.jpg

Next ... another Mirage ... RAAF Decals - BUT different time period :D

Decals are from 1983, whereas the Italeri kit I bought earlier has the 1966 markings

5REj2FO.jpg

... and finally an F/A 18.F Super Hornet ... I need some RAAF markings for this one ... and some of that non-existent AM!!! ...

60XIIpl.jpg

Today ... I had the last two expected parcels turn up .... and one unexpected parcel - more on that later.

p2mkoke.jpg

First up a couple of books that I ordered from Amazon ...

ceizo4l.jpg

wwvAlKr.jpg

They kind of look like a Vol.1 and 2 set ... a few black and white pictures but mainly text.

Then a parcel from BNA Modelworld ...

Some battery operated paint stirrers ...

PVSpD9L.jpg

A four air-brush holder stand ... 

HJhqbko.jpg

A cleaning pot ...

RIEoMVT.jpg

A decent set of brushes for detail work ...

0eTR7d6.jpg

qy8zzah.jpg

and ... another piece of the RAAF puzzle ...

rHX6tiz.jpg

Yesterday ... I got home to find a FedEx missed delivery notice ... with a tracking number I'd never seen.

Now the only 2 FedEx numbers I DID have were from some orders from Amazon that are still showing "Shipping Label Created" from a month ago.

Amazon refunded the money from these two orders - on the expected delivery date - because they were advised that they could not fulfil them.

Each order contained 2 books ... the first was for a book on the A-20G and the He.219 ... the second order was for books on The B-25 and The Bf.110 and Me.210 and 410.

While I was waiting for the refunds to clear I ordered the same four books again (plus another) through Booktopia (and I must say that the service and level of communication has been amazing with these guys) ... at every change in the process I get an email alert - much better.

Meanwhile at some point a week or so ago ... a NEW label was created by Amazon and these items shipped to me ... somehow?? ...

59MThJm.jpg

V5kjbjH.jpg

YF2W0bl.jpg

A9WUREu.jpg

As you can see ... they are fairly chunky and about the same size as the Classics books.

They weren't packaged very well ... no packing materials inside that destroyed box ...

I'm pretty sure the ratty dust covers are the result of that sad effort.

So I guess I have a couple of spares now ... some food for the e-Bay sales maybe??

So ... like I said ... that's it for the incoming packages for now ... except for the Booktopia order ... but I have no idea when that will show up.

There's a few random tools that I'll be needing (like a CA glue applicator) ... and some AM (like RAAF decals for the Super Hornet)

... but I'll get them organised when I organise the next round of kits.

There is the upcoming Academy F/A-18A's on order ... plus the HS.129 stuff from ZM and a Lanc' (I'll decide WNW or HKM once the WNW kit hits the market)

And now I hear that the RAAF have Growlers as well as the F's!! ... stay tuned!

Edited by Artful69

9 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I'd be interested in both books, Rog, but I'm quite certain that shipping would kill that deal real fast. I think they're both on my own Amazon list.

Problem solved ... I rang Booktopia today to see if they can cancel and refund part of their order ... they did!!